Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Good Man

I married a good man.  I say this a lot, but it's just so true. 
One night in the summer of 2004, I vividly remember a specific prayer I made to my Heavenly Father.  I remember my words as clearly as if I had written them down.  I was alone; it was quiet.  I said:

"Heavenly Father, I just want a good man.  I don't care what he looks like, what he studies, where he comes from, how I meet him........I just want a good man.  I want a man who is worthy.  Who desires to follow thee and serve in the Church more than he desires anything else.  I want a man who will love me and our future children.  I just want a good man."

I remember feeling calm and peaceful after that prayer.  I tucked my thoughts away in the back of my mind, and I went ahead with my life.  I made a plan for my life that didn't include finding a husband.  It did include moving to Oregon and starting nursing school!!  And I was extremely happy.  I told Heavenly Father that I was going to move forward on my own, and I had complete faith and confidence that He'd take care of the rest.  I was prepared to wait as long as I needed to for the Lord to answer that prayer.

I didn't wait for very long.

Nate & I had our first date just a few weeks later.


I love him.  He's beautiful.


Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go whip him up a smoothie, play a round or two of Xbox Live Halo with him (cuz this makes him smile a lot....even though he snipes me....and all I do is run around shooting the landscape), and then get on my knees in humble prayer to thank my Heavenly Father for my husband and the beautiful babies he gave me.  Just like I do every night.

6 Happy Thoughts:

DeAnn said...

Thanks Nate for taking good care of my little sis.

Kristi Drennan said...

You're adorable. Love this.

Robyn said...

beautiful!

starnes family said...

Seems like a keeper! Sweet post.

Missy said...

So sweet! I'm glad you play Halo with him, that's cute :)

Missy said...

Oh, and thanks for taking such good care of my brother! He is a lucky guy!