Tuesday, December 15, 2009

11 Months

I can't believe our little Rooster is 11 months today.
We celebrated with pigtails and cupcakes with red & green sprinkles.  We made them with Cam's preschool, but Allie got some good practice shoving cake in her face.  She's good at it, just like her mom.





So it's almost the New Year.  Time for Resolutions.
Have you made yours?
Do share....I love to hear other people's.

A few of mine:
1. Learn how to cook with lots of different vegetables.  Tonight I am experimenting with Bok Choy.....never had it!  Should be interesting.  My goal (that I've actually been working on for weeks now) is to have vegetables be the bulk of our nightly dinners.

2. Finish the Doctrine & Covenants and read the Old & New Testaments.  I have been completely enjoying my study of the Doctrine & Covenants the last few weeks.  I love how bold it is.  My desire and commitment to keeping all of the Lord's laws, covenants & commandments has increased immensly.  The blessings for doing so are immeasureable.....and the consequences for breaking them or mocking Him are real.  My entire purpose in life right now is to teach that to my children.

3. Wean Roo and start running again.  I miss running.

Goal #3 might be slightly hindered by #4:

4. Get pregnant in 2010.  Woohoo!!  This makes me smile every day.

6 Happy Thoughts:

Let the party begin... said...

She is beautiful Becca and I love the pigtails! I can't believe she'll be a year soon. As for the resolutions, my resolution is to make no resolutions, lol!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I absolutely ADORE her hair!!!
Resolutions? I don't know yet.

starnes family said...

I love her hair, too.

I wish one of mine could be to get pregnant. We are "done". I really dislike that word.

Need to start my list......you've inspired me!

DeAnn said...

How is she 11 months already?! And I've only seen her once.

Becca Jane said...

Here's my report on the bok choy: Didn't love it. Probably won't cook with it again.....but it's SUPER healthy, so we ate it....and now we know how we feel about that! :)

Missy said...

She is just too adorable! Thank you for putting up pictures so I can see my beautiful niece and nephew...I just wish I could see them more in person!
I like all your resolutions...it's time I start thinking about mine!