Our computer is still being fixed. I'm so blue..... I won't deny that it's been nice not having the distraction all day....I have gotten a lot done and spend better time with my kids! Sad, but true.
So this is just a lame post to keep you guys coming back. I have the cutest pictures to post.....Allie in pigtails!!
Life is really good! I love this time of year. Eggnog, Christmas scented candles, Christmas music, the lights from our Christmas tree, it all just makes me happy. I hope you're enjoying your December so far!
We are doing our Christmas differently this year. We're getting a few gifts for the kids, but other than that, we aren't really buying gifts this year for every single family member in both of our families. What we decided to do is use our Christmas money to help those who are less fortunate. There is a Christmas Angel Tree at the hospital where Nate works. He brought home 4 cards, one for each of us. A little 8 month old boy, a 3 yr old boy, a 14 yr old girl, and a 17 yr old boy. The card says what they want/need for Christmas this year. I am soooo excited about this. I hope our families will understand. We hope that spending time with them and just enjoying the Holiday season together will be more meaningful than any monetary tangible gift. I hope this can be the start of a new tradition for our little family. I have been soooo much less stressed out than I usually am this time of year! There are so many people in our communities who need help making Christmas memorable for their children, and I'm grateful that we have the means to help a little.
So quick question while I have you here......Allie wants NOTHING to do with weaning off of breastfeeding. I'm not really trying to wean her right now, but I want to get the process started. It took me 4 months to wean Cameron. Allie still wants to nurse every 2-3 hours.....despite how much solids or juice I stuff her with!! I love nursing her, so so much. I am not trying to force her to stop.....but I just would love to have her weaned by about 12-13 months so I can have my body back for a little bit before I get pregnant again.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
A Filler Post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 Happy Thoughts:
I guess Heath and I are a little spoiled when it comes to gift occasions. His family couldn't care less if we sent them anything. And he only has one sibling. Sometimes we send gifts and sometimes not. His parents usually send stuff but they don't expect anything in return.
For my family we give a gift that each family will enjoy. No individual gifts. My mom tells us exactly what she wants. She wants no deviation. Kind of sad but it is pretty easy to just mail a check to my sister or sister in law for our portion of the gift.
Good luck with weaning Allie. I have no advice. :)
Good luck with the weaning. I could not nurse....I'm no help!
I love your ideas for Christmas! Of course, your family would understand. I think it's a lovely idea and something I'll consider for the future.
Pig tails......can't wait!
So your question is how to wean her? I'm not sure. The only one I weaned was Josh and I just went cold turkey. Wouldn't recommend that. It was very painful. I actually wish that at least one of my babies would have nursed past a year. I nursed Natalie the longest and at a year she was down to twice a day. And each feeding only lasted about 5-10 minutes. Maybe start feeding her more solid food so she fills up on it and doesn't actually need to nurse as often? Good luck!
Don't be in too much of a hurry to wean. They grow up too fast...
I heard some good ideas at MOPS today: 3 gifts per kid=gifts from the wise men; something they want, something they need and a surprise; birthday is all about the kid--Christmas is about Jesus (although that doesn't work for Megan!)
What a neat Christmas idea! That's wonderful. As far as weaning Allie, I don't have much great advice. My boys were ok switching over to sippy cups during the day and just doing morning and night feedings until I was completely done nursing. Good luck!
I hate to admit this, but when Garret was not wanting to let the boob go (he was over 11 months!) I put some sugar in his formula and he never looked back. I put less sugar in each time and soon we were in business!
I love the christmas gift idea! I'm sure your family will understand. I nursed my son, the only one out of 6, for 18 months, whereas the others lasted 3 weeks to 3 months. I wanted to wean him beforehand but he didn't want to. However, when he saw his cousin who is the same age as him, with a bottle, that was it for him, lol!
I think thats a great idea! I'm sure everyone will understand.. thats what the meaning of christmas is all about!
Post a Comment