Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Ballerina Girl

I did ballet for 11 years growing up. I did 8 Nutcracker performances, and one year we got to dance on stage with the Oregon Symphony. I loved it, and I miss it so much! I'm never going to force my children into a hobby or sport that they don't want to do.....but I really hope Allie will try ballet.

My sweet friend (and 2nd mother), Lesley Fraser, sent Allie these shoes when she was just a month old. I've been waiting for them to fit her. Won't she be an adorable ballerina girl??

Dear Lesley,
Thank you for the little ballet shoes.
My pink dress should fit me soon too.
Love, Allie
(slobbery kisses)

Her hair looks so cute, all freshly-combed after her bath....but then she takes a nap, and she wakes up with crazy hair like mom!!!

10 Happy Thoughts:

The Bing's said...

i remember those shoes... they are SUPER cute and even CUTER on miss Allie... she would be such an adorable ballerina!!!!! VERY CUTE!!!!!

Let the party begin... said...

She would make a beautiful ballerina. I love this shot of her. I'm so glad she is wearing them. Beautiful smile!

Christian said...

I love little girl things...maybe its time for another one! maybe...

Becca Jane said...

I know just how you feel Robyn....trust me!

Meka said...

That is so awesome you did ballet, that would be so fun! Those shoes are sooooo adorable. You should make her a tutu to go with them!!

Becca Jane said...

Meka...I was waiting for someone to bring up a tutu!!
For how much of a 'utah mormon mom' that I have become....tutus on babies is just one thing that I can NOT bring myself to understand!!
Maybe it's cuz I grew up watching the older girls in my dance classes get the part of Sugar Plum Fairy and Snow Queen....and they got to wear these gorgeous tutus. Finally, my last year in ballet, I was cast as the Flower Queen, and my tutu was soooo pretty!
I just don't understand them on babies!! I'm sure Allie would look stinkin' adorable, but I just can't bring myself to do it!! :)

Meghan Huntsman said...

Those shoes are so stikin cute and so is little Miss Allie!

starnes family said...

Those shoes are precious. I have a pair for Lainey waiting for Christmas. She won't know what they are....and I never danced.....but I hope she'll love them one day.

DeAnn said...

I miss the cute little girl things. Karen got tall too fast and flew out of the little girl sizes.

Jenn said...

oh. my. geesh! I can't believe how stinkin adorable she is! It's been forever since we've seen you guys and she has grown sooo much! she is darling... and the shoes are precious!