Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mr. Mom

Itty-bitty footsies. Precious.
So I've been sicky sick. Thursday night at midnight, I woke up with the worst case of mastitis EVER. I couldn't stop shivering & sweating....and my body ached so badly, I couldn't even hold still. I somehow made it until morning and immediately had some antibiotics called in. When I've gotten this before, I've always felt better immediatly after starting the meds....not this time. I was flat on my back ALL DAY. Luckily Nater took the day off work and morphed beautifully into Mr. Mom for the day. He fed kids, dressed kids, changed poopy bums, washed dishes, cleaned the living room, prepared meals, took kids on a walk, played and played. He was amazing. I got to stay in bed all day except for when he'd wake up me up to feed Allie or take my pills. Thank you Nate!!

Ready for a walk!
Doing puzzles together. I love how when he got Allie dressed, he even put a flower in her hair!!! Such a sweet dad!


But sadly, Mr. Mom had to turn back into Mr. Wood and resume his manly duties of work & homework today. I still feel like crap....so it's a pj, cartoons, lounge around day for me & kids. I have a feeling they won't complain!!

4 Happy Thoughts:

starnes family said...

My husband does our daughter's hair, too, and I think it's adorable. Great kids you have there!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

That's a bummer that you are so susceptible to getting mastitis. I have had plugged ducts which is no fun but I have never had it as bad as you. Sorry to hear that you had to go through it again. Luckily you have Nate.

LilPrecious said...

YUCK! I have had two bouts of mastitis with Jeremy so far (he is only 11 weeks old) so I feel for you! Nate is awesome for taking on all house duties so you could rest and recover! What a special guy you have... hope you are feeling better very soon!

DeAnn said...

Good job Nate. I'm sorry you were/are so sick.