Thursday, October 8, 2009

This little girl is teething....I am soaking up her toothless-ness every day that I can! She is starting to wean herself. But we're at a good point....she nurses well in the morning and before she sleeps. And during the day, she'll only nurse for maybe a minute. It's bittersweet....I'm grateful that it won't be the 4-month-long struggle that it was with Cameron....but of course I will miss having that special connection with her. She LOVES using sippy cups, it's really cute to watch her attack them!!
She's so beautiful. I love her to pieces.
Cam getting his "pack-pack" ready for pre-school. He LOVES it (well, except for the weeks it's at our place, then he whines & cries through most of it!!)....I'm hoping to find a good program for him next Fall. He loves to learn and be social.
He is just such a big boy now. Every day he asks me a million questions and talks nonstop:
"What's that?"
"Where's the moon?"
"Mom, the clouds is gray. It's gonna rain."
"Mom, I'm right here, okay?"
I love explaining his world to him. He LOVES to hear me talk about nature....he asks me to tell him over and over (and over) about how when it's light outside, the sun is up. When it's dark outside, the sun went bye-bye. We talk about the mountains we live next to....and the grass and the woodchips and the sand. Someday I will take him back to the ocean. He's going to love that!
I watched NieNie on Oprah yesterday. I absolutely LOVED it....she is adorable. I was surprised at how much happiness & peace she just radiated. I can look at her face now, and all I see is an amazing mother & woman. I hope I can be half the mother she is. I love how they talked about how the 'seemingly mundane' things....like bathing, dressing, feeding your kids....those are the things that she gets out of bed for every day. Most of us mothers muddle through those things.....Nie lives for them. Each day and each moment is a gift to her. And the most amazing part of it is.....her attitude was like that before her accident! I love her.

4 Happy Thoughts:

The Full Nelson said...

Love Allie's shirt...hope the teething doesn't make her too cranky poor thing. I've been lucky that both my kids were easily weened..k did it herself and e was fine when I packed it in.

starnes family said...

Hi, there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I checked out yours....will be back for bows when I need them. Nice to meet you!

Casey from www.thestarnesfam.com

Missy said...

Cam looks so cute in his little backpack. Ryan's at the stage where he's starting to ask a lot of questions about everything. It's fun!
I'm sad I missed Nie Nie...I wanted to see that. I'll have to see if I can find it online.

Kristi Drennan said...

I loved how NieNie and her hubby were soo in love! I also LOVED how that lady that went to her house said that it FELT different in their home...it's the spirit people! Church is true!