We are home!! Our trip was an absolute blast! My sweet Nathan took over 600 pictures during the week, so I have lots to post! Just a warning!!
Last Sunday evening we headed down to Glenwood with our friends, the Frasers. For some reason, we didn't take any pictures of all of us, so you can see their blog HERE, if you want. It was sooo fun to just relax. We had no set plans for 2 days. We just relaxed, 4-wheeled, played with the kids, and ate some GREAT food! On Monday night we grilled hot dogs, zucchini, corn on the cob, and some trout that my dad had caught earlier that weekend. It was a feast! Thanks Mycah & Andy (and cutie Will) for coming with us!!!
Cam being a Ham.
Miss AJ
Cam LOVED the swing my dad has built hanging from a tree in the yard.

Using the pump to fill up his bucket.....
....to fill his water table.

It's hard to explain the CRAZINESS that is my son's hair. It's just unreal.

Allie tried teething toast for the first time. It makes a MESS, but she loves it!


Here's the Glenwood house.

Here's the goodness. Cam could NOT get enough of these. I can't even count how many rides we ended up taking him on!! He must be a Warner.....

More of humble Glenwood. We just love it there. It's so quiet and serene.....our heaven!


Allison LOVED this water table. She splashed and splashed and splashed!!


Sweet Potatoes & Toast for dinner!

On Wednesday morning, our friends headed home, and we headed to Cheyenne, Wyoming. We went through central Utah and Colorado to get there. It was a beautiful drive. I loved every mile of it.
Cam and his buddy Curious George hanging out at a rest stop.
This is how Cam spent the 30+ hours in the car all week!! Watching movies!

He got pretty excited to drive through all of the cool tunnels along the way.

Double-decker highway!


It was amazing how quickly the scenery would change. It was all beautiful though. I LOVE the red rocks of central/southern Utah. But obviously my absolute favorite was the GREEN-ness of the Colorado Rockies. Colorado is my 3rd pick of where I want to live....after Oregon & Washington! We'll see if I get my way or not.....but really, how can you not want to live in a place like this:

We met up with Nate's parents and his sister Mallory (and cutie Ethan) in Cheyenne. The next morning we headed out for Omaha. So much driving, but very worth it! It was so fun to see Nate's older sister Missy and her family. They hadn't met Allie yet, and we hadn't met baby Cooper. The cousins had a blast together, it was really fun to watch them play!!
Aahh.....no driving for 2 whole days, thank heavens!! Don't I look happy to be out of the van!!
Beautiful Miss Riley
Nate's mom brought the 3 boys (Cam, Ryan, Ethan) matching Dino jammies. They looked so cute!!


The next morning we went to the Omaha Zoo. It's such a fun zoo, it makes the Utah Hogle Zoo look LAME!! We met up with our friends Erica (and cutie Cambrie & Hunter). They lived in this apartment before us, and our families hung out all the time. We really have missed them. They moved to Omaha in May for dental school, and we were so excited to get to see them this week too!
Ooh, Baby Cooper is the cutest little guy EVER. I'm in love with him.

Cameron & Cambrie holding hands.....as usual.

L-R: Riley, Ryan, Ethan, Cam, Allie

My boys.

Cooper.....or as big bro Ryan calls him.....COOPA!!


The next day, Erica asked Nate to take some family pictures. They turned out soooooo good! He hasn't photo-shopped any of them yet, but here is one of my favorites. (Erica, you are going to love them!!!) They are such a gorgeous family. I miss them!!!!!
The gardens were so beautiful, I couldn't resist getting Allison in front of these flowers that matched her shirt!!
After the Harward's pics, we met up with Nate's family again. I love how Cambrie just "joined the family" in this pic!!

The Wood Clan minus Nate's littlest sister and Mallory's hubby. We missed you Megan & Russ!

Nate's dad with his grandkids. He's such a doting grandpa, I love it!!!

Our Cheeser son

Ooohh, I REALLY wish I could photo-shop my blah face out of this picture somehow. I think Allie looks insanely gorgeous.
On Friday evening I went over to Erica's and hung out. She taught me how to make bows for Allie, which I'm excited about! Nate & Chris played video games, just like the 'old days'. On Saturday night we played games with Nate's mom & sisters. They are sooo hilarious, I just love them!! It was so fun to relax and just be with people that I love!! We got up at 4 this morning and drove alllll the way home in 15 hours. Oh my goodness, it was such a long drive!! The kids did awesome though. I'm glad to be home and back to my routine....it's always hard to travel and sleep other places with young kids. BUT, I really miss the Harwards & the Taylors now! I feel like I got to know Ryan & Riley better, and it's just so tough living away from family sometimes! We love you guys!! Thanks for a fun trip!! ~Back to the usual posts in a few days!!





9 Happy Thoughts:
Looks like you guys had a great time. 15 hours in the van with a preschooler and baby? You brave woman! I'm glad it went well.
wow what a lot of driving! you are very brave! Have fun making bows for Allie! Colorado looks beautiful too. I love the mountains...not much of those around here
Beautiful fun trip!!! Oh how I can't wait for the day I get to see mountains again!
Good to see you made it home okay. We miss you guys already, I think you should move here:) I can't wait to see all the pictures Nate took!!! I'd also love a few of those he snapped of Cambrie and Cameron at the zoo:)
i am so glad you got to take a fun trip, the pics are all so cute, you have cute kids thats for sure.
What a fun trip. Next time do 21 hours and come see us. :)
I LOVE that last photo of you and Allie so you better not photoshop yourself out... its great.
Lots like you guys had a blast. It so nice to get away for a few days.
What a fun trip! And can I say you are so brave? Audrey doesn't last an hour in the car, we would have flown!!! Way to go!!!
Post a Comment