First off....LOVING the new stroller! I think 3rd time was a charm! Finally!! I love the concept of the Sit N Stands, but the lightweight umbrella is just MUCH better for our needs.
The past few weeks, I have been immersing myself in reading the Book of Mormon. Our Stake has been asked to read it between now and November. Since being home from my mission, I have sort of "gotten by" on my scripture study. But I've re-committed myself to studying it consistently & with focus, and I have already noticed a huge outpouring of blessings. Not necessarily tangible blessings, just an overall increase of peace, happiness & contentment. My desire to serve my Savior has increased, and my love of the people in my life has also increased. My prayers are more meaningful, and I feel my relationship with my Heavenly Father getting stronger and stronger. The Book of Mormon is SO powerful....simply opening the book and reading each day WILL change your life.
My friend Mycah & I have started walking in the mornings while our hubbies get ready for school. It feels amazing to just get out of the house in the cool morning air. I always feel more ready to face the day if I've gotten some exercise. I don't plan on picking up running anytime soon....I don't want to do ANYTHING to risk losing my milk supply for Miss AJ. But it feels great to be up and moving again after being pregnant and getting through the newborn months. Nate & I have also been playing tennis and having a blast with the HSM Dance Pad! Who says working out has to be miserable?? We have fun!!
The Terrible Two's with Cam were NOTHING compared to how him being 3 is turning out to be. Except for when I was learning Korean, I don't think I have EVER prayed so hard for patience!!!! I'm trying to hard to stay consistent with discipline because I don't want him to run our household with his tantrums! I want him to learn respect and obedience. BUT I hate being mad at him 24 hours a day!! It makes me feel like I'm failing....like I can't win no matter what I do. So after a few weeks of worrying/stressing over this, I am starting to feel that my endless prayers are being answered. No, Cameron hasn't suddenly learned how to listen & obey....but I am feeling myself stay in control of my own emotions. I am trying sooo hard to parent him with love rather than with emotion. I have been listening to him better and giving him more one-on-one attention. It's still an uphill battle, but I feel like we will get through these tough toddler years and have a well-behaved, happy little Cameron!!
On a happier Cam note, he has been loving all of his birthday loot! He loves all of his art supplies and will spend hours coloring, drawing & cutting up papers and stickers. He likes to cut construction paper up into little peices and scatter them all over the house. It's really great.... :) Who'dve thought that a dinky pair of child scissors would end up being his most prized possession at the moment!!! He also loves his finger paints!! More like hand/arm paints!! I had a blast painting with him too!! I LOVE watching him learn & explore new things. His face just lights up. He also just mastered being able to sign the ABC's with both hands at the same time. He's fast at it too! After we put him to bed, we can just hear him in his room practicing and saying his ABC's over and over. When it comes to sign language and basketball, this kid sure has dedication!! 
Allison is 6 months old this week on the 15th. HOW did that happen? I think she gets more beautiful every day. I can't wait for my two sisters to finally get to meet her at the end of the month....it's about time!!
Nate's GORGEOUS sister, Megan. She's leaving for college soon....Cam is going to miss her so much....and so will we!! We love you Meg, thanks for being such an awesome example for our kids to follow.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Some Monday Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 Happy Thoughts:
I hear ya on the terrible threes. After thinking 2 wasn't so bad, Natalie turned 3. No one had told me about tough 3 year olds. :) I guess you're never prepared--maybe that's why the oldest kid is sometimes the toughest.
I totally agree about age 3...ethan's just about there...age 2 was a breeze...guess I'm paying for it now!!
My little brother played with paper and cardboard boxes for YEARS! My parents hardly ever bought him real toys except for Christmas and his bday. He would cut the paper into little "people" really it was just circles that he called people.
The best toys are the cheapest toys! And I really love walking with you! I have even after just one day, it has changed my attitude. I didn't get frustrated at all today with Will, I got the dishes done, I picked about a million green beans, and I've just been in a great mood!
Sorry, this is a long comment !
See you in the morning!
That's a great challenge to read the BOM by November. Love the picture of the finger/arm painting!!
Post a Comment