Tonight Nate's aunt & uncle were sealed to each other and to their two children in the Salt Lake Temple. It was so nice to be there and to feel how REAL the power of temple covenants are. It felt so great to be in the temple and completely away from the busy world. Nothing else matters more than eternal families. Congrats to Kurt, Patti, Austin & Chloe! WE LOVE YOU!!!
Nate's awesome sister Mallory is a talented painter. She called me a few months ago and had an idea for Nate's birthday present. She wanted me to write some stuff in Korean for her so she could paint something for him. We kept forgetting about it every time we saw each other though! So we finally remembered the other day to write it down, and today at the temple, she gave us the finished product. It is Gorgeous!!! The Korean reads 'Eternal Family". Nate & I both cannot believe how GOOD Mallory's Korean looks! I just wrote it down on a scrap of paper, and she made it look amazing! It's perfect form and spacing....you'd think she knew Korean! It took me weeks to learn how to write half this decent! Good job Mal! We love you so much! Thank you for this awesome gift, it's going straight up on our wall!!! We have an entire wall for just our Korean/Asian stuff. I love it!

Allie & Cam both had check-ups today. We are now taking them to see the family practice doctor that I worked with a few years ago. Both Cam and Allie are in the 50% for weight and the 60% for height. Allie's head was still 20%! She weighs 16 pounds. Both kids are healthy, and I'm sooo grateful! Allie screamed her head off during her shots....it was so sad. Luckily she doesn't need any at her 9 month appt, so she gets a 6-month break from the pokes!
I say this all the time, but I just love my Nater boy. We still act like nerdy newlyweds, and I just love it. We're such dorks together, and we both know that we can just act retarded and be ourselves around each other. He's just so perfect for me. This morning while Allie was napping and Cameron was riding his bike, we just sat outside on a bench and talked. I love talking to him. We can talk about serious, meaningful stuff.....and then in the same conversation just be total dorks and crack up.
Oh yeah, my sexy man can even make a Cars helmet look good!!!
Allie's taking up golf.
She already has pretty good form!! :) We'll have Cam in the NBA, Allie will go join the Pro Golf Tour (or whatever they call it), and Nate & I will retire at the ripe age of 40, move to a cabin in the woods with a huge porch and some huskies (with a beach house on the Oregon coast for vacation), and live off of our kids. That's the plan!
1 Happy Thoughts:
That sounds like a good plan to me :)
I wish I could have been there at the temple with the family. I am so happy for Patty and Kurt!
Oh, and I love your pictures you have on the side...your kids should be in a magazine!
Post a Comment