Friday, February 6, 2009

What's going on.....

My latest posts have been short, so I just wanted to write a bit about what's been going on! We have been SO busy! I have had a meeting, appointment or outing almost every day since we brought Allie home! It's crazy! But it's been good because I don't think I could handle sitting at home all day every day right now! The weather has been nice too, so we've been able to spend some time outside, which is great for Cameron!

Yesterday we spent all day with one of my old college roommates, Becky, and her cutie boys. She watched Cam while I was having Allie, so he feels right at home there! It was a fun day, and Allie got to be held ALL day long!! Becky and I had fun talking and laughing until we almost cried....hilarious girl she is!! And lots of yummy food, thanks Beck!

Today Nate and I are celebrating our anniversary! Some friends are babysitting the kids so we can go to the Olive Garden! We haven't been out to eat on our own in a long time! He brought me some gorgeous pink tulips on Tuesday, my favorite flower! I feel like I haven't seen Nate at all lately, he's SO busy with work and school. He is also taking tomorrow off work to just hang out with us, so I am excited for that! I need a break!! Some sweet friends of ours are bringing us Cafe Rio for dinner on Saturday night too, so we have lots of yummy food to look forward to this weekend!! It's been an awesome 4 years with my Nate. We are SO blessed with a beautiful life!!

THE KIDS:
Cameron hasn't been napping very well this week, and I can tell it's catching up to him. He's been acting up a bit.....markers on the wall, markers all over his body, food flung about the apartment, every toy he has strewn about.....!!! So fun!! I still struggle with giving him enough attention because Allie still takes up most of my day. But overall he's done great. He still LOVES her and showers her with kisses and cuddles. He likes to hold her hands and make her do sign language with him, which I think bugs her, but she lets him. It's really obvious that she knows him. Her face changes when he is close to her, it's so sweet. Cam has also been keeping busy with lots of playdates with his friends. I love living here at the U because of the fun social network we have. So many friends to hang out with every day!!!

Allie is a bit more vocal now, but still the longest she's cried is maybe 10 minutes. During the day, she has been waking up a lot more and taking everything in! She is a GREAT sleeper at night, the past 2 nights, she has only woken up ONCE to eat. I can't believe it! Her doctor told me that since she has started gaining weight okay, that it's fine to let her go longer amounts of time at night like that. YAY! We'll see if she keeps it up! She is such a sweet baby, I can't get enough of her. She is already starting to grow out of her newborn sleepers and fit into some of her 0-3 month clothes. I can't believe she is already 3 weeks old!!! She makes me SO happy, I just love her so much.

My sweet girl all decked out! She likes to stick her tongue out!
Here's a glimpse of her dimple.

4 Happy Thoughts:

Let the party begin... said...

Oh Becca I love the little bow on Miss Allie...she looks so sweet and the dimple is adorable. I'm sure Cameron will settle down soon but he's still so darn cute. Life must be so much easier using a mini van to do all those outings. It sounds like fun times for the Wood family.

Jenni said...

Hey Becca! How the heck are ya? It looks like you're doing great with a new baby girl! How sweet! I love blogs!!! They are such a great way to keep up with everybody's lives! I'm glad you found me. Keep in touch!

DeAnn said...

I'm glad she's such a good baby. That makes it that much more fun! I recognize that blanket...

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty smile! I'm glad you had such a great week!