Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hanging in there....

So I don't consider myself one to need luxurious things in life to be happy and content, but since bringing Allison home, I've been REALLY hating this tiny apartment. I can't wait to move!!!!! I know there are a lot of people in this complex who have 2 kids in these 2-bed apts, but I'm really wanting some more space! We're moving to a 3-bed in May and that feels so far away! I'm trying to just be patient, but it's getting tougher as time goes by!

We originally had Allie's pack n play out here in the living room, but this morning we decided to put it in our bedroom because she's getting old enough to where she doesn't sleep as soundly if she's out here with all the noise and commotion during the day. And Nate is usually up pretty late doing homework or playing his video games (no comment), so I've just been having her sleep in our room at night anyway. The only problem is now I don't have anywhere to change her out here during the night so I don't wake Nate up. So I might try to find a changing table to have out here.....sigh!!

We're also debating over whether or not to buy another crib. Like I've said before, Cam just sleeps SO well in his crib and despite some negative feedback from other parents, we are in NO rush to move him and begin that battle. We were just gonna put Allie in the pack n play until she could use the crib, but with how strict of a sleep schedule I will put her on at 4 months old, I think she'll do MUCH better in a crib. Luckily nice, used cribs are plentiful in Utah!!! BUT we can't do that until we move, cuz we have no place to put it.....the pack n play barely fits in our room. Sigh again......
Okay, enough venting.....this week was really fun! The weather was beautiful, so we all got to enjoy some much-needed fresh air! It was SOOO nice to get outside and let Cameron run and I could socialize with all my mom-friends again! Nate was off on Thursday, so we went to the zoo. Allie does so well in her baby bjorn carrier. On Friday I got to hang out with one of my most favorite mission companions, Sister Melver!! She was in town from Seattle. We hadn't seen each other since before I got married!! We busted out the mission pics and laughed over the fun times we had. She is such a sweetheart and brought gifts.....CUTE dresses for Allie that she'll fit this summer, and some CARS socks and Sarge from CARS for Cameron. Friday night, Nate got to go to the Draper Temple open house. I wanted to go, but Allie has been a bit sick, and Cam would have been too much of a handful, so I figured I'll just wait and do a session!! Yesterday my mom came up and hung out with us. She did our taxes while she was here (thanks Mom!).....can't wait for our tax return to arrive so our mini-van purchase doesn't feel like such a blow!!! Allie is starting to smile.....she gave my mom some huge grins, it was adorable! I can't believe she'll be 6 weeks old in a few days!!
Cam playing on the big caterpillar at the zoo playground.

Allie being her usual angelic self.Cameron showing me he's wearing his "Cars socks" to church! And don't worry, that book he's coloring on is supposed to be colored on!! :)

14 Happy Thoughts:

Jenni said...

That will be so nice to have a three bedroom! May isn't THAT far away. I'm glad you're hanging in there!

Kamie said...

No, I really know what you mean! Alec and I have a REALLY small one bedroom apartment, and yes there's just two of us, but I feel like I don't have anywhere to put anything! There isn't much storage so we really have to make every space count! We end up spending more money trying to buy smaller storage things! So I can only imagine how much stuff and space you would need having two kids. May is coming soon- just hang in there! :)

DeAnn said...

You should have taken a picture of mom!

Bethany said...

I don't blame you for keeping Cam in his crib. We just switched Josh about a month ago, and it took a good 3 weeks of sitting next to his bed for him to stay in it. Some nights we were in there for 2-3 hours. That's a big task to take on when you have a newborn.

The Bing's said...

don't you just love apartment living, I'm excited for you guys to move into your new place, it'll be so nice to feel like you have room again... better post pictures when you make the move... have you met up with laura yet???

Let the party begin... said...

I can't believe Cameron is outside in just a hoodie...we're still getting snow storms here. with the weather getting better, the time will fly I'm sure and then you can have plenty of room for your sweet little family.

Rachel Q said...

Don't feel bad keeping Cameron in the crib--I've read that you should keep them in a crib until they are either too big for it (physically) or are climbing out of it so it's a safety hazard. Also think of his temperment. At first our son would stay in his bed even in the morning until we told him he could come out, but I bet our daughter will be a pill getting her to stay in bed. Your kids are adorable! And congratulations!

Erica said...

Hey, I think we are planning on being out by May 15th, I have noticed that they leave the apartments empty for quite a while though so hopefully you won't have to wait to long:)

Lisa said...

Having a 3 bedroom apartment is so worth it. I hope you guys can stay in the court though!!!

ashley said...

You should just lay a blanket down on the couch and changer her there if you needed to. I've never had a changing table and did just fine. Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. What type of sleep schedule do you put them on at 4 months?

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I've changed diapers on my bed, on the floor, and in the pack and play. Mine has a removable bassinet feature so small babies aren't all the way at the bottom. I kept a basket of diapers and wipes in one corner. Maybe you could do that and change her there. Hang in there, May is just around the corner.

Noelle said...

So cute! In nursery yesterday Cameron kept pointing to his feet and saying "Lightning...lightning..." I pulled his pants up and was like "Oh! Lightening McQueen!" "YESS!!" I would like to know what you guys are teaching him at home though... every time he knocked his block tower over he'd say "Ah CRAP! Dang it..."

Becca Jane said...

Oh my goodness Noelle, it's AWFUL!! He says Crap all day long and we think it's hilarious so we laugh, so he keeps doing it!!! Obviously Nate and I say stuff that we didn't realize we say....good thing we don't swear! I told Nate he can't let swear words slip while he's driving anymore, haha!