Allie is turning out to be the most easy-going, enjoyable baby I have ever met! She loves to snuggle up close, and she NEVER cries. She seriously hasn't cried for more than about 10 seconds since she was born. She is so sweet, I just love her so much. At night she sleeps all night unless she's eating or pooping. I really hope this is how she's going to be! If so, then she definitely got her Daddy's mellow personality.....YAY!!
Speaking of Daddy, Nate has been AMAZING these past several days. He is so calm and confident now as a dad, it's so great to see how he's changed. He has been a saint....he has been playing with Cameron nonstop, done all the dishes, laundry, housework, etc. I can't thank him enough for how great he has been. I was really expecting to be traumatized with Allie's arrival like I was with Cam's, but I have been SO HAPPY these past 4 days! I always knew Allie was meant to be in our family right now, but I have been surprised at how much JOY she has brought us. I wouldn't change one thing about my life.
She's eating really well. I'm curious to see how she's doing....she has a weight check on Wednesday. When we left the hospital, she had lost about 9 ounces or so. She nurses well every few hours, so I'm not worried. I did have to take her to get checked for jaundice this morning, and we're waiting on the results, so I hope that isn't a problem!!
I think this might be my favorite picture of her so far.
She LOVES to snuggle. 
This swaddling wrap is the BEST invention EVER! She loves it, and it's so much nicer than swaddling with a blanket. Thanks Tristan!!
Some other pics:
These deer are constantly camped outside our window. They're so pretty!
Handsome Cameron crashed after church last week. Nursery wears him out!
Cameron being silly when we were out for dinner with Nate's parents a few weeks ago. He's such a HAPPY kid!
Cameron's new bath letters. Needless to say, he takes a bath almost every day now and wants to play in it for an hour....fine with me!! (Note he spelled BUM on the wall, haha)
Cam and Daddy played Cars under Cameron's blanket tent!
Life is GOOD! We're SO happy to have our beautiful healthy children with us. I love my family so much.
Monday, January 19, 2009
My Sweet Girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 Happy Thoughts:
Does she have Cameron's mouth? I'm starting to recognize her. I wish I could come see her in person though. I'm tired of living so far away.
UPDATE: Allie's bilirubin levels did rise, but her doctor said we're okay to wait until Wednesday to check her again. I hope she won't have to go under the lights!
Oh, and DeAnn, she does have Cam's mouth, we think! There are moments when she really resembles him and other moments when she has her own look.
She really is beautiful! I am so happy for you guys!
I love the pictures! I have such a cute niece and nephew! I wish I could come and see them soon...I'll just have to settle on looking at pictures for now. Just make sure you keep on posting a lot of pictures!
Love you guys!
I love the bow in her hair! She is such a pretty baby. Isn't it amazing how much easier motherhood is after First Born Bootcamp?
I'm so glad everything's going so well! I had such an easier time with baby #2 too. Can't wait to meet little Allie someday! I agree with DeAnn that she has Cameron's mouth.
She is so sweet! Congrats you guys! I hope you enjoy every second. It goes by so much faster with your second child.
Yay! Congrats on the beautiful baby girl! Your family is too cute.
I'm so glad its going well! Just like riding a bike huh?!
Post a Comment