Cameron finally got to meet Allison today. He didn't actually seem like he cared very much. He patted her and said "Nice baby", and that was about it. He was WAY more excited about the presents he got from grandma, mommy and daddy! It will be interesting to see how he reacts when we head home and settle into life again.
Our first family picture!
Allie FINALLY opened her eyes for us! She has such pretty eyes! If you take away her ENORMOUS cheeks and chins, I can see a little of Cameron in her now.
Here is proud grandpa with his 16th grandchild!
Overall, Allie's arrival has been very relaxing and joyful. I was induced yesterday at about 1 pm. I got my epidural at 4 pm, and I started pushing at 6 pm. She was born 40 minutes later. Much better than 2 hours of pushing with Cameron! I really thought she would be smaller, so I was (and still am) completely blown away when she outweighed Cameron by an ounce! Go Allie! Recovery has been going really well. She is eating like an absolute champ....not that she needs ANY more fat rolls!! So far she seems to be really quiet and content.....but then again, so did Cam, so I know not to base too much on how newborns act during the first few days!!! Only time will tell! I'm feeling pretty good, my back and shoulders ache more than anything from pushing. It feels good to see my feet again!
Overall Nate and I both have been handling her SO much better than we handled Cameron! We were both so new as parents and very freaked out when Cameron was born. I remember we both didn't know how to change his diaper or soothe him or even hold him! It's been a complete 180 with Allie, so it's just been really fun. We're SO relaxed with her. Nate has been amazing, he just holds her and comforts her like it's nothing. So sweet.


11 Happy Thoughts:
I'm so glad everything went well. Love you!!
Congratulations! It gets better and easier every time. Well, as far as feeling more relaxed and competent as a parent. I can't promise anything with the personalities though. Natalie definitely through us for a loop once she got out of her sleepy stage. You are going to have so much fun with your two sweet babies!
What a beautiful first family shot of your family! I love the whole "patting on the head" thing with Cameron...too cute. I'm glad that everything is going well with Allie. I notice you are calling her Allison. Would you prefer Allison or Allie? Anyway looking forward to seeing tons more pictures of your little cuties.
Lesley, I'm not sure why I call her Allison sometimes! I just think it's a pretty name! It will be interesting to see what sticks for me. Nate calls her Allie only. I think I just think she looks more like an Allison at this point....?? You are welcome to call her either.
I bet Cameron will be even more excited about her once you go home. You have a cute family. Congratulations! She's a sweet baby.
Congrats! I can't wait to see her. She is beautiful just like you :)
What is Nate doing wearing a hat with the Y on it? Ha Ha!! He better take that off before coming home. She is adorable!!
I love your family picture. You guys are so lucky, I want a baby girl! You are going to have so much fun, Cameron is going to love her so much.
Congratulations.
Congratulations! We're really excited for your family, having a second is hard, but wonderful. I'm sure you'll have plenty of people to take good care of you...but you will be amazed at how much smaller your apartment seems with an extra child. (this is Kristy)
Congrats! She is so sweet. I'm glad that everything went well for you guys. The 2nd baby is definitely easier than the first when it comes to knowing how to take care of them. Love the new family pic!!
That hair and those cheeks are awesome!! Good job! Lets get our two newbies together soon!
Post a Comment