Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cameron's Haircut & Allie Jane is 2 Weeks Old!!

My friend Jenn came over today with her cutie boys, Cameron & Carsen. After some YUMMY Cafe Rio for lunch and lots of playing with dinosaurs and cars, she gave Cameron a MUCH-NEEDED haircut! She did a GREAT job. He looks so handsome. I thought I'd be sad to see his shaggy locks go, but I really wasn't. But wow, look at those curls sitting on his tray.....his hair was sooo long!!


Wow, you can see his beautiful face now! (Yes, he's wearing his favorite Halloween shirt....he won't wear anything else if this shirt is clean. I should just pack it away!)


Cam & Cam are two peas in a pod. They had SO much fun playing today. They ran around together nonstop for hours.....needless to say, Jenn and I are loving how tired they will be tonight!


After his bath. Doesn't he look so much older? Such a big boy! I love my little stud!!

Today was nice enough to take the kids outside. Allie LOVES the Baby Bjorn carrier, which I'm grateful for because Cam hated it when he was a baby. Although now he likes it....for his toys!
Cam likes giving Allie loves during her tummy time. He loves his sister so much and has shown no signs of jealousy or anything. He wakes up every morning and wants to see her and hug her. So far he doesn't seem to mind when I have to take the time to feed or change her either.

And a few pics of Miss Allie Jane. She is 2 weeks old this evening.
In these next 2 pics, I had just bathed her....you can tell her hair is all frizzy compared to the picture above. Poor girl got my nose AND my bad hair!! :) Oh well, she's perfect to me!!


She's still an absolute sweetheart. She has perked up a bit, which I'm actually grateful for! She still only cries if she needs something. Last night she slept 5 hours straight, and then 3 more after I fed her. Can't beat that!! Needless to say, I feel great!! Nate and I have a system worked out where I go to bed at 8 or 8:30 every evening (with the exception of Monday nights cuz we have to watch 24!!!) and he stays up and does homework and has Allie Duty until he can tell she's hungry. It lets me get atleast 3-4 hours of sleep early in the night, so it makes the rest of the night not feel so exhausting. Luckily Cameron still sleeps like an angel and hasn't woken up during the night. I was so scared of that!! He still naps great too, so I usually nap with Allie while he's asleep. I'm SO grateful to be getting so much rest!! Her 2 week doctor appt is tomorrow morning. I am anxious to see if she's gaining weight okay. She seems to be growing.....she's already out of newborn diapers and into Size 1. Crazy! We love her so much. I always knew while I was pregnant that she would be a joy to us and that she was meant to join our family, but I had no idea how HAPPY she would make me. I am soaking up every moment with her. I love my Allie girl!!

9 Happy Thoughts:

Jordan and Danny said...

Becca, she is just the sweetest! I'm so glad to hear that things are working themselves out and Allie is good to you. Cameron does look like such a big boy. His haircut is great! I hope things continue to go well! I call soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe how organized you are with two kids! I don't think I would last a day with the sleep schedule I'm pulling. I'm happy that it's going so well for you.

Sorry about the other day when you invited me over. Working from home has it's perks but that means sometimes I'm confined.... I had lots of work that day. I love the pictures. Cam's hair looks great! He does look a lot older and Allie is just a doll!

Oh and the reason you didn't see a long window in Clark's room is because we live in the basement. I feel like we're in a hole sometimes and am tempted to find out if there's anyway we can move to a 3rd floor apt but it's home none the less!

Jenn said...

Cute! Those pictures of Allie are adorable! She IS such a good baby. It was so fun meeting her today!
Cam talked about his friend Cameron all night tonight. He sure had fun! Around 7:30 he climbed into our chair and zonked out. He was exhausted! I'll let you know as soon as I get my schedule when we will be able to get together again. Take care!!

Erica said...

Cameron's haircut looks really good, and it does make him look older.

Allie is a sweetie. I can't believe it has already been two weeks. I did a baby tag last night and it was crazy to go back and find the new born pictures, it all seems like yesterday. Soak it in because before you know she'll be crawling!

Merilee said...

Hi! She's absolutely gorgeous and I love Cameron's new haircut!

Becca Jane said...

Well, little Miss AJ isn't gaining weight....she's only 7 lb 13 oz, which is just an ounce above what she was when we brought her home from the hospital. Her doctor isn't too concerned and told me not to worry, but I can't help it! He wants to weigh her again next week. I feel like she eats/pees/poops all the time....so I'm not sure what the deal is. Say a little pray for Allie to grow!

DeAnn said...

She's so pretty! I'm glad she's being such a nice baby. That's how I remember Natalie being. It was great!

The Bing's said...

I hope that someday when we have children that we can be as organized as you guys... I don't know though if I'll ever be able to go to sleep at 8:30pm... but i guess two kiddies can be tiring I'm sure! I love love love Cam's new hair cut... ADORABLE!!!!!! He looks like a big brother!!! Allie is adorable.... I love seeing all her pictures and what she is wearing in them...hahha the joys of girls!!! Keep the posts coming I love the pictures!!

Missy said...

They are so cute! Cam looks so much older with his haircut!