Sunday, February 1, 2009

Allie Update

So I thought Allie was eating great, but over the past few days, she has started having a "faulty" latch, and makes a "clicking" noise when she nurses, which hurts!! At her 2 week appt on Friday, she was still half a pound below her birth weight....although you'd never know it by her chubby cheeks! So after her appt, I went into complete panic mode and have been stressing/bawling/worrying all weekend! Her doctor told me not to worry until we re-weigh her next week, but I can't help it!! So I'm going to a lactation support meeting on Tuesday and having her re-weighed on Wednesday. I have been trying to nurse her as often as I can too. I just hope she's okay and not starving!! I was really hoping this would all be easier this time around, but breastfeeding is apparently always going to be difficult for me and my babies!! I'll update on Wednesday with how we are doing!!


But it's all worth it. She deserves the best. She's so precious!


And here's Cam's stylish new 'do' for Church today!

5 Happy Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

cute do! Good luck with the Nursing thing. It stinks because even if you know how to nurse it doesn't make it go perfectly smooth because the baby needs to learn too. Good luck I hope it works out. Do you need someone to watch Cam while you are gone? Because I will if you do!

Robyn said...

Nursing can be such a pain! (as in, painful). Good luck---she looks like she's healthy and happy.

Jenn said...

Nursing was struggle for me both times. Although Carsen picked it up much easier than Cam did. I'm sure everything will work itself out. Things will be great!
Cam looks so cute with his new 'do! I love that look on him. He looks like a little man. SO cute!

The Frasers said...

I understand how you feel! I tried nursing Will for the first time yesterday and he had a great latch, THEN I went again and he did even better then the first time. When we went today and I tried, he wanted NOTHING to do with me. So, tomorrow I'll be meeting with a lactation nurse in the NICU. I can't keep pumping! haha Although, I suppose I will if I have to!

K, babies, it's time to start doing the hard work! They'll do great!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I'm sorry Becca. Unfortunately our society makes nursing seem so easy when it's not easy with every baby. I think you are being proactive about your fears by seeing a lactation specialist. And chances are the doctors are right, there is no need to worry. It doesn't make it any easier for you not to worry though. Good luck. I'm sure she will figure it out soon.