Everyone has up and down days...especially mothers!! Well, the past few days (& weeks, really) have been tough on me, just the usual dealing with my 2 yr old and being pregnant, babysitting, and the dreary weather, etc etc. I went to bed last night with a pounding headache and woke up this morning with the same headache and not really wanting to deal with my responsibilities today. And then Cameron threw a MAJOR tantrum at 8 am, and I about lost it myself! As I listened to him scream (and Abby scream) and began washing my endless sinkful of dishes this morning, I said a silent prayer that I could make it through the day and that I wished someone would just show up and take all my cares away!!
Well, LESS than an hour later, I notice I have a message on my phone. I listen to it, and it's my dad. He said "Hey I am in Salt Lake for a meeting this morning, I am just wondering if I can stop by afterwards and visit you and help you with anything." Wow...talk about good timing! I couldn't believe it!
So my dad came by a few hours ago, and not only did he stop by just to say hi, he brought YUMMY cinamon rolls for us, AND he treated us to Rumbi for lunch (he even got Nate a to-go meal for when he gets home from school)!! Cameron was happy to see Grandpa, and I always enjoy my Dad's company! He played basketball with Cameron, and we had a nice time talking. It probably wasn't a big deal for my dad, but for me, it was just what I needed to lift my spirits and give me the strength to keep going. I am grateful that the Lord knew what I needed, and that my simple prayer was answered. My dad left about an hour ago, and I am already about to strangle my kid again, but overall it's been a great day, and I feel so loved by my Heavenly Father....and my earthly father!!!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
A Simple Answered Prayer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 Happy Thoughts:
That's awesome! It's always amazing to me to realize that Heavenly Father cares so much about me. I used to always tell the YW that if it was important to them, it was important to Him. So true.
That's really cool. I love when things like that happen.
ahhh, dads are the best. sorry cameron is at that age. joel is getting more defiant every day... but the big difference is that i am not pregnant. got to love 2.
That made me cry! He called me once last year when I was having a horrible day. I just got the message but it really lifted me up.
Hang in there! It sounds like you need some "me time"!
Post a Comment