My best friend Merilee threw me a fun baby shower this morning. I was surrounded by my close family and friends, and I am VERY grateful for everybody's kindness and generosity!! I brought my camera, but I'm LAME and totally spaced taking pictures! I'm sorry!!


Merilee and my mom prepared muffins, bagels and fruit....YUM! We played games: guessing how big my belly was by cutting off a length of yarn....and a celebrity baby name matching game! Fun conversations, good food.... it was such a relaxing time! A few people traveled quite a distance to come, and I'm SO grateful! Cameron was an angel, and played great with his little friend Emma.
Allie got some GREAT gifts!! Merilee had mentioned "essentials only" on the invitation, and it worked out perfectly! We got LOTS of diapers and wipes. I seriously think we won't need to buy diapers or wipes for the first 2 months or so!!!! (These pics don't show the 2 HUGE boxes of diapers, each containing over 200 diapers....and there are 3 more boxes of over 700 wipes not pictured either!!!) Allie also got some CUTE baby blankets, burp clothes, onesies, socks, outfits, binkies, washcloths, and an adorable baby bracelet from her great-grandma! Love that!!



And finally, here's the proud big brother-to-be.....he can't resist smiling for the camera! I seriously think he took ALL of the CUTIE genes....I'm not sure if there will be any left for Allie and the rest of our kids!!! 
Showing off his ABC's. He loves to sing along with his magnet toy. He's so funny. Nate is teaching him how to talk with an English accent, and it's HILARIOUS. I'll have to try to catch that on video soon!! Haha, Nate's such a goofy daddy, I love it!
My awesome friend Michelle came all the way from Logan for the shower, and she came over afterwards to hang out. Cameron took a great nap, and Michelle didn't have her kids, so we were able to just sit and chat without our kids for the first time in YEARS!!
Tonight I have my Relief Society Christmas Dinner. I'm excited because ever since being in Primary, I have felt SO out of the loop with the other women in our ward. Nate and Cam are going to have a Daddy/Son night, and I am going to RELAX!! Needless to say, I have been looking forward to today for a long time! A much needed fun day after several weeks of craziness!


8 Happy Thoughts:
My kids love to watch the videos of Cameron... over and over! Way to go Cameron... The shower was lots of fun. Thanks for inviting me.
I would have loved to be at your shower to show my love and support. Darn geographical distance and different time zones!
I noticed that you got a white blanket that says baby on it, I have that same one and it is a baby favorite, Cambrie and Hunter have both loved it, the texture is awesome and they love to cuddle with it and rub their faces on it, besides that it is just really cute. Looks like you got lots of fun stuff, wish I could have been there. I'll bring your gift over today sometime:)
I'm sad I missed it. Cute stuff!
Don't worry there's plenty of cutie genes to go around! We keep thinking that they're all taken up in our family too, but I think they keep getting cuter and cuter.
I'm glad you got so much great stuff. It was fun. Love you!
That looks likes so much fun! I wish I could have been able to go!
I love all your loot! That little yellow dress is sweet as well as the bracelet. Love all the necessities too. Cam is so cute. I'm glad you had a great time too. I wish I could have been there.
Post a Comment