Monday, December 1, 2008

Busy Week...Must be the Holidays!!

Wow, we have been busy busy lately! Here's a re-cap for you all!!
Last Monday we headed to the zoo with Cameron's best friend, Cambrie. We love hanging out with Cambrie and her mom and brother!! Thanks for the invite!! These two are total peas-in-a-pod, and they make me laugh! Erica and I kept joking that this pic will be perfect for their wedding video someday..... Tuesday & Wednesday I baby-sat and Nate had class and work....nothing too exciting there!! Thursday morning I woke up early and made Snickerdoodle cake, and then we headed down to Salem to spend Thanksgiving with my family this year. We take turns each year, and that has worked out nicely so far! No major rifts yet...haha!! jk! My brother, Bill, and his family were in town from California, so it was fun to see how big Brooklyn & Ben have gotten. My other brother and his family joined us from Sandy, and Cam had a blast playing with his cousins. The food was excellent, of course, and even though I have been pretty uncomfortable lately with the pregnancy, I was able to pack in a decent amount of food!! :)

Nate & Cam, waiting patiently for dinner!! So fun to just relax! Nate had to work on Friday, so he headed back to Salt Lake that night, while Cam and I stayed down with my family. On Friday, we mostly just hung out at the house. No Black Friday shopping for me....no deals are worth having a miscarriage for....did you all hear about that? So sad... Anyway, the older kids went to a movie, and I just rested. I drove back with Steve and fam that afternoon. We didn't have anything going on that evening, so I headed over to Bath & Body Works to get some absolute STEALS, courtesy of my sweet friend Kathy who sent me some great coupons. Thanks!!
Saturday morning was my neice Aspen's baptism. They live in California, but all of their family lives in Utah, so they had it here. Aspen is such a sweetheart, we love her so much! Congrats!


Here's little Ben, my oldest brother's baby. Such a cutie! After the baptism, we headed over to Sweet Tomatoes for a great buffet lunch. Cameron was SO well-behaved, and he let me sit and eat until I was stuffed. Before we left, Bill gave us a huge box of diapers and wipes for the baby...thanks guys! People keep asking what we want/need for the baby, and I hate saying "diapers", but it really is going to be a HUGE help to us having so many diapers! Underneath Cam's crib is jammed full of baby diapers, and it's so nice knowing that we won't have that added expense for atleast a few weeks!!!

That evening we put up our little Christmas tree and a few decorations. I kept most of our decorations packed away since we just don't have the room for all the knick-knacky things in our tiny apartment. The house we lived in before had a LOT of shelf space for decorations, and we had a blast decorating the house, but this apartment just can't fit everything!! Cameron had fun helping with the ornaments, and he thinks it's pretty cool that we have a tree in our house!! We've been playing Christmas music since Friday night, and I FINALLY am getting to burn my yummy Spruceberry, Winterberry & Cranberry Scentsy bars.... Smells like Christmas at our place!!
Note the snow boots....he loves those things!!

We had to rearrange our furniture to fit the tree! We love our humble little apartment though!

I have been busy working on some fun family Christmas projects for this year. I won't give them away since my family and Nate's family reads this, but seeing as how we have a baby and tuition due in January, and our income will be cut in half when I'm done babysitting....we just couldn't shell out a ton of cash this year. So I came up with some fun family projects to do for gifts. I am having SO much fun getting them ready!! I am excited to give everyone their gifts this year!!
Nate has been organizing video game nights with his friends lately. He's been SO good about not playing while he's been in school, so I'm actually really glad he's doing these game nights now. It's a great stress release for him, and I actually love the quiet time to myself!! He's ALWAYS on the hunt for new gaming buddies, so let us know if your men want to join!! I just made him promise that he'll be around when the baby comes and as long as he keeps helping out like he has been and gets awesome grades like he has been....then he can play all he wants!! Aren't I the nice wifey?
On Sunday we headed down to Nephi (about 90 miles south of SLC) to see Nate's great-grandma. We love her!! It was a fun day with Nate's family, we played games and enjoyed just being together. I love how Cam gets to spend time with his great-great grandma....not many kids get to say that!! She made Cam a hand-stitched quilt when he was a baby, and while we were there, she showed us the almost-completed quilt she made for the baby. It's ADORABLE! Cam and Allie are lucky lucky kids to have such personal gifts from their great-great grandma!! I will for sure post pics of both the kids' quilts when she finishes Allie's. She is a very talented lady!
She also had a special surprise for me and Nate. Look at the BEAUTIFUL quilt she made for us!! It's all hand-stitched, and I am so grateful to have such a special gift from her.

Today I had a dentist appt. Not so fun normally, but even worse when you're really pregnant! After only about 3 minutes of being laid back in the chair, I started feeling really light-headed....so she had to finish the cleaning with me sitting up!! No cavities, so that's good news. Always glad to be done with the dentist for 6 months!!! Anyway, I got home and found that Nate had spent the hour cleaning Cam's room and our bedroom. I love it when he surprises me with stuff like that!! Cam's toys were all organized, his floor vacuumed, our bed was made....he went all out! Thanks Honey!! You're the best!!

Not much going on this week....I have my baby shower on Saturday that I'm excited for! I only babysit 2 days this week (I ended up cutting back my days because I've been feeling so crummy). I have a list of projects to work on and things to finish buying before this baby makes her arrival, so that has been keeping us busy! Lots of family and church Christmas parties coming up....LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!!!

7 Happy Thoughts:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Wow! Busy lady! I love Christmas too.

Kamie said...

You are such a beautiful pregnant mom! (I hope i'm that cute) - So my mom asked me today, "did u turn in that letter to Becca?" NOOO! I somehow managed to lose it. :( I know it was due today- but is there a way you can email me over the letter? That would be great!!!

Kamie said...

You are fabulous.. my email is kamiezamora@gmail.com - I will do my best to get it to you asap!!!

Heidi said...

Can you share your snickerdoodle cake recipe? It sounds yummy! I love the name "Aspen" She looks so happy in the picture. That quilt is gorgeous! How long did it take her to make it?

Let the party begin... said...

What a beautiful quilt! It sounds like a crazy busy time for you. I wish I was coming to your shower, I'd bring diapers too, lol. Have fun on Saturday.

DeAnn said...

That's so cool about the quilts. I wish I could come to your shower. Sad.

Merilee said...

I arney. I'm back. That's a beautiful quilt. I love it!