Thursday, December 11, 2008

Big Brother Practice

So ever since the shower, and gifts have been overtaking the apartment, Cameron has been VERY into his little sister. He loves to bring me her things and say "Allie's". The other day he brought me his teddy bear and wanted a diaper put on and one of Allie's shirts. Then he carried her around in a blanket and tucked her into the bouncy seat. So cute! He also wanted to feed her too! He even put a bib on her! What a good big brother he will be! I love the little smile on his face.

My sweet friend gave me some headbands and bows she made, and this one was big enough for Cameron. He left it on all evening! I seriously think that when it comes time for me to put bows on her for church or wherever, Cam is going to throw a fit to be able to wear one too! How do you explain gender clothing differences to a 2 yr old?? haha!!

Yesterday Cam and I went down to American Fork to see one of my old roommates who I haven't seen in SEVEN years! We had lost touch, but we finally found each other! She has 2 little boys now, so crazy how things change over the years! The second we saw each other, it felt like it has only been a few weeks since we'd hung out instead of so many years! Those are the BEST kinds of friendships, I think!

8 Happy Thoughts:

Let the party begin... said...

That is so priceless! What a hoot. Cam is going to make a great "big" brother. What a sweetie! I do think you will have a battle on your hands with the bows though, lol. I agree with you on the "friends" thing. I have a couple of friends that no matter how much time has passed, we pick up like we just saw each other recently.

Jenn said...

Aww, what a sweet big brother he will be!
Good luck with the gender clothing issue! Oh man, that could be funny!

Krista S said...

He is SO cute. He will be a awesome big brother. It looks like you had a great shower...how nice. You can never have too many diapers, especially with a newborn.

DeAnn said...

Cameron is so cute...and funny. I think he will really love Allie. At dinner last night with friends they were talking about getting their dogs adjusted to new babies. They let the dog smell a hat or blanket with the baby's scent and then bring the baby home. Wouldn't it be funny if you could just have Cameron smell Allie first. Ha, ha!

Missy said...

Oh, he's so cute! He will be such a sweet big brother! And I love how he likes to wear Allie's hairbands...he's so funny!

Merilee said...

I love that picture. He's so handsome. He's going to be a great big brother. He will love getting clean diapers and blankets and stuff like that for you. Mikayla did, anyway.

Lindsay Z said...

What a blast to see Cameron excited to be a big brother! Maybe if you got him a couple cool-boy hats he could wear to church, you could avoid the conflict? Though, a little sibling rivalry is inevitable! And thanks for having the countdown calendar. It helps me keep track too!

Abraham and Sara said...

he is going to be the perfect big brother! how exciting!