I've been dreading posting over those pictures of Cam. I could stare at them all day (and I have been!). But this morning, the little darling decided that waking up at 6:30 was a good idea. He hardly EVER gets up before 7:30, and we all went to bed late last night, so for how I'm feeling, he might as well have woken up at 2:30 this morning! Oh well, atleast he'll nap a tad earlier today so I can enjoy some of Conference!
And speaking of General Conference, I cannot wait!! Growing up, my parents did a GREAT job of teaching us the value and importance of Conference every 6 months. In Oregon, we didn't have it on TV, so we would go to the church for all 4 sessions loaded up with crayons, puzzles, etc. We never missed a session, and it felt ETERNAL when I was a kid. But as I got older, I grew to love Conference. In middle and high school, my Nutracker ballet practices were held on Saturdays in the Fall, and I always hated missing Conference to go to them. Now that I have a child, I am having to rely more on the Conference Ensign issue that comes out in May and November to really study the talks since I don't get to listen as intently as I'd like! Nate works today, so it will just be me and Cam, but I'm looking forward to a weekend filled with uplifting and inspiring words from our Prophet and leaders. Over the past few weeks, I have been reading and studying the April 2008 talks so I could get as much out of them as I could before the next Conference. I am amazed at how much calmer and happier I have felt recently. Especially while our country is in the middle of an economic crisis and the Presidential elections....it feels GREAT to sit down and turn off the news and just soak up the comforting words of our Prophets. They have a MUCH better view on reality and what is important that any politician does!!!!
Last night was the Korea Seoul West Mission Reunion. The turn-out was actually pretty grim though. It was a mix between President Bangerter, President Ringwood and President Min's missionaries, so most of the missionaries were either "older" or "younger" (mission-year wise) than Nate and I. But I got to see Elder Earl....love him! He and McGee were my absolute Savior's during my Greenie days. Oh the hilarious MDM's we used to have every Tuesday. Elder Bulow was there with his new baby girl. We were in the MTC together, so we go way back! So great to see him and have a great laugh about how insane learning Korean was! And Elder Bischoff was there with his TWIN baby girls!! No idea how he does it..... They were SO cute though, and he was as hilarious as ever. Wow, I could probably pee my pants thinking of the Bischoff/Asbury days in Incheon. Can't think of a better way to have ended my mission!! I LOVE his wife too. Melver, get this...Elder Ahn and Ee Jeong Hwa were there! Elder Ahn hasn't changed A BIT. He asked where you were! So did Woodman. She has changed either!! Nate had fun with Kukyndall and had a good laugh about the day they both got head-butted and punched by a drunk old man on the streets of Korea!! Ooh I LOVE drunk Korea stories! Yes Melver, I DO remember Creeper!! Creepy!! Other than that, there wasn't really anybody else that I knew very well or served closely with.
Cameron was CRAZY at the reunion. Ran all over the place. He had fun though. At one point, we all got up and said who we were, when we had served, who we had married, what we were up to, etc. This is always fun for me and Nate cuz we can just get up together!!! :) Anyway, Cameron grabbed hold of the microphone and started to say a prayer in front of everyone. When he was done, he started clapping and yelling "Yay!!" Everyone got a good laugh, but NOBODY believed he was "Elder Wood's" son..... To be honest, I don't know how we ended up with SUCH an outgoing child either!!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Some Early Morning Rambling.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Happy Thoughts:
Conference was awesome. My kids did so well I was actually able to listen to most of it, Yay! Collin is looking at your pictures and telling me he wants to see Cameron jumping in the puddles (do you remember those videos we made of the kids at your place?) Good times...
I can't wait to hear tomorrow's talks. I just don't know how they are going to top today's. They were incredible. I remember snippets of each talk so it's good that we get the Ensign and can read it all over again. I'm glad you enjoyed your reunion and it sounds like Cameron had a great time.
Post a Comment