On our way to the mission reunion the other night, we heard Cam giggling in the backseat, so we turned around to find him like this! Such a goof! It's gonna be fun when his little sister is old enough to be silly with him!!

Yesterday was Ashlan's 2nd birthday party. I think most of you have been reading my blog long enough to remember her. I used to babysit her up until about June. Anyway, we hadn't seen her since Cameron's 2nd birthday party, so it was SO great to see her and her family. Her party was at a cute little cabin at Wheeler Farm. It poured down rain ALL DAY yesterday (and so far today), so we couldn't go outside to see the animals, but it was SUCH a cute party! Ashlan's mom had it decorated so cute. The kids had little snacks, games and party favors. I haven't been brave enough to throw Cameron a "friend" party yet, but this party made me excited for next year for Cam's 3rd birthday.
Here's the Birthday Girl! She's gotten so big, we miss her!! She has the cutest head of curls!!

Cameron had the time of his life! He's pretty easy to please though! I'm so glad he's such a happy little guy!

Yesterday afternoon we went over to my brother's house for Conference. Andrea is letting us borrow this doggie costume for Cameron this year for Halloween. He LOVES it and runs around barking and panting like a dog when he wears it. It comes with a little hat with ears, so hopefully he'll let us put that on him for the Halloween festivities!!


Today is a gorgeous rainy Sunday. We have NOWHERE to be, and it is a great feeling to just relax with my beautiful boys for a whole day and enjoy Conference.
Oh yeah, we have some exciting news! Nate applied for a Pell grant (this is the federal grant, not the teaching grant. We're still waiting to hear back on that one.). Anyway, we didn't think we'd qualify for very much because we were both working in 2007, and that's the tax information they based it off of. But we got an email the other night that we qualified for $3100 for this next school year!! YAY!! And the best part about grants is that you don't have to pay them back!!! So it goes towards tuition, but if we get that teaching grant, then we'll just get a check for $3100 to use for rent since the teaching grant covers 100% of our tuition. We find out if we got the teaching grant in about a month. Did that all make sense??
Anyway, we feel very blessed because I have been a little bit stressed about money. I'm only going to babysit until the first part of December, so after that, our income will be next to nothing! Nate only works 25 hours a week!! And we are really hoping to be able to move into a 3-bed apt. But I was praying so hard to not have to babysit again after I have my baby. So this extra grant money will be able to take the place of me working....atleast for the first 6 months so I can relax and focus on my kids!! The Lord loves us so much. I know that if we pay our tithing, live within our means, do our best to save a little each month, and pray with all of our energy, that the Lord is "bound" to bless us, and He will!
4 Happy Thoughts:
He is a cute little puppy dog, I am glad he can use the costume.
Cam is such a cute "goof" though! Congrats on the grant! The Lord certainly blesses our lives. I'm glad you don't have to worry so much anymore. I've still got my fingers cross for the teaching grant though.
Hey Becca! Of course I remember you. Sorry I didn't write to you sooner, we were on a trip. I can't believe how big Cameron is. He is SO cute. And congrats on the new one on the way. When are you due?
That's cute about Cameron acting like a puppy. Karen gets in full character sometimes too--it cracks me up.
Post a Comment