Monday, October 20, 2008

Just an Update

Thank you everyone for doing those polls! I'm surprised at how many people responded! I will probably take them off soon cuz I don't like them overtaking my blog, but I really appreciate the help! I was asked to teach a finance class, and I am super nervous! I don't feel like I should be teaching a class like that! I'm mostly going to talk about the importance of staying debt-free and paying your tithing. Nate and I have felt so much peace in our marriage because of the sacrifices we have made. We live in a world where young couples (and really people of ALL ages) often feel the need to live WAY beyond their means. But true peace and happiness comes from having a simple life with some savings in the bank....not from having "stuff".

But on that note, we got a letter last week, and we didn't get that teaching grant. We were both a little bummed, it would have been SO helpful to have all of our tuition paid for for the next 2 years. But at the same time, we realized that there was just someone else who needed it a lot worse than we did. The Lord has already blessed us financially beyond what we deserve. We know He knows our needs. Plus, we just qualified for some federal Pell grants, which will be a huge help. We still feel like I can take about 6 months off of working when the baby comes and just relax, and we still feel good about moving into a 3-bedroom apartment. We probably won't be moving until Spring anyway because I don't think any 3-beds are opening up any sooner. The letter said we can apply again next semester too, so we can also keep our hopes up for that. I am willing to babysit or work again part-time if I have to until Nate finishes school, but we know that things always just fall into place, so we aren't going to worry about it now. I'm just going to get through the next 8 weeks or so of babysitting and then relax and enjoy my pregnancy and newborn!

Here's Cameron's signature tennis stance! He's headed to Wimbledon for sure! He actually hits the ball more often than not.
Tristan, this is for you. He likes me to spread out his blanket and then he goes down the rows and says all the alphabet letters. I still love how you picked out this fabric and made him this blanket before we even became good friends! It's just perfect for him! Allie will love her blankie too, I'm sure!
On Saturday night we carved pumpkins with our friends Erica and Chris, and their cutie kids Cambrie and Hunter. Cameron wasn't really into it, he was actually scared when Nate started pulling all the goopy seeds out of the pumpkin! Nate carved them and now we have 3 family pumpkins outside our window!! Next year we will have four! Crazy!!!!
Well, that's it for now. Nate is back in school this week, so it's back to the usual routine of Cameron and Abby. I hate not having Nate around very much. It should be better next semester though because he'll be taking one less class (I made him so that he'll be around for this baby!!). Have a great week!!

8 Happy Thoughts:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

That fabric has been the best purchase I ever made. When I made it for you I had no idea we would become as close as we have! And I certainly didn't think Cameron would love it as much as he does. I hope Allie does love her blanket as much as Cameron does.

Jenn said...

That blanket is awesome!! What a cute idea to have an 'abc' blankie!! Sorry to hear about the grant, maybe next semester though!
We should plan a zoo outing. I want to go soon, like before Carsen turns 1... even next week...? Let me know. I think we'll go either way, but it would be fun to hang out again!! Miss you guys!

Sass said...

WOW! Seriously small world!! That is so funny, I can't believe it!? Crazy!! So do you live in the same building? Hahahaah that is so cool.

So you are naming your baby girl Allie?! How cute. That is my neices name. :)

Anonymous said...

fun pumpkins, that baby is just around the corner huh? I can't believe how fast time goes by. What happened to my baby? she is almost a year old. good luck on your class, you will do great!

DeAnn said...

I love Cameron's haircut!

The Frasers said...

Those are such cute pictures! Pell grants are the GREATEST! Andy qualified for enough to pay for full courses this semester, next AND summer! It's so nice to have them!

Let the party begin... said...

I haven't had internet for a few days so I'm just getting caught up. I'm sorry to hear about the grant. It must have been a disappointment. However you are handling it like a trooper. Cameron is so adorable. I love his blanket! Good luck with the finance class...you're perfect for it!

Merilee said...

Cameron's blanket is cute.