Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Family Fun

First off, go look at the blog Nate's parents just started for some hilarious pictures of Nate and his sisters!! http://robynandgary.blogspot.com/ They're along the side, and they are pretty classic!!

Right now it is Fall Break for the U of U students, so Nate has been off of school all week. He only works 25 hours a week, so he has been around most of the week, and we are LOVING it! I don't want him to go back on Monday!!

On Saturday and Sunday, we had a nice snow storm. It was a little weird to bust out all of our winter gear after just being in the 80s, but I was happy to see the snow. Plus, it's back in the 60's this week, so I knew it wouldn't be staying very long. Cameron was SO excited about the snow. He obviously doesn't remember it from last year, and he was extremely intrigued by it!
His hat and gloves still fit him from last year, but here he is all decked out in his new Winter coat! I also got him some snow pants. We are NOT gonna stay inside this Winter!! I think we would both go crazy! So I just got him some good snow gear, and we'll be playing outside just like we do everyday!Daddy bundled him up and took him out to play on Monday. Most of the snow had melted, but Cam had a BLAST playing in this pile. He was really upset when it was totally gone on Tuesday!Here's how Daddy and Cam have been spending most of their free time together.....


Nate has been such a huge help to have around the house. I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable with this pregnancy, and he has been so great to have around to carry baskets of laundry to the dryer and change Cameron's sheets....2 jobs that aren't so easy anymore! Also, yesterday he watched both Abby and Cameron for about 2 hours while I went maternity clothes shopping! SO nice!

Last night my sweet friend watched Cam while Nate and I went to dinner and a movie! We have movie passes still that we got for Christmas last year....goes to show how often we get out, huh! We went to Red Robin for dinner. It was SO good....probably because we had been talking about it and anticipating it for like 2 weeks! Then we went and saw Eagle Eye....GOOD movie, highly recommend it! HSM 3 and Twilight are next on my list....CAN'T WAIT!! Anyway, it was fun to just hang out with Nate, even though I was SO uncomfortable during the movie! My friend said that Cameron went right to sleep for her with no problems, I'm so glad!

Nate is on the floor with Cam and Abby making a stuffed tiger attack them both. He's so cute with the kids! They are always so excited to play with him, even Abby is happier when he's around. I always joke that he should be a stay-at-home Dad and I will go to school/work!!!!

6 Happy Thoughts:

Merilee said...

That picture of Nate and Crammon playing video games is to die for. They are so cute!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Don't you love it when your husband is a better mother than you are? Ha ha I'm totally kidding! You are an awesome mother. Enjoy your hubby being home.

Becca Jane said...

Oh other than maybe the newborn weeks, Nate is TOTALLY a better mom than I am!!!!! :)

Let the party begin... said...

I can honestly say that I have a husband who would make a better stay-at-home parent than me. It's so cute seeing Nate and Cam playing videos. Great that you two were able to have a date night! I'm glad you liked the movie, now I can go see it and not worry about it's content.

Heidi said...

Becca-jane, I know you don't know who I am; but I am Nate's Aunt. I don't even know if he remembers me.
His dad is 15 years older than me and I didn't even know he existed until I was about 12 or 13. Since then until very recently I have had little contact with him. Once I found him we started talking and he gave me the link to your blog. I hope this doesn't freak you out! I love your blog today. I can totally relate. When my husband was in school (10 long years!) I never saw him. We never went on dates and any money we had left usually was spent on Sami our daughter. So on the rare chances we had to go out they were special times. There were times when I thought I wouldn't make it until he finished school. But in the end it was all worth it. Camron has the sweetest face!

Bethany said...

I tagged you. It's a fun tag about quirks.