Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy October

This time of year is always fun for Nate and I because it's when our relationship started. Here's our timeline:
Sept 18, 2004: First date--A walk in the park, lunch at Wendys (haha), a movie (Wimbledon), and a BYU Football game...9 total hours! YAY! It was supposed to just be a "mission buddy hang out", but the other missionary cancelled, and it totally became a date! I was 100% smitten, and I knew I liked this guy!
September 26: Second date--Pizza at Nate's house, tennis at the park (he let me win), and a movie.
October 1: We met up that evening for dinner before our mission reunion. At that point, I wasn't sure if we were "dating" or not, so when our mission friends asked if we were seeing people, we both sort of shrugged our shoulders! He held my hand later that night, so I guess we were!!
October 2: General Conference and tennis at Nate's house.
October 3: General Conference at my house. I wanted him to kiss me, but I thought he never would cuz he's so shy! So I kissed him on the cheek to let him know I was okay with it. After Conference, we went "on a drive to see the sunset" and had our fabulous first kiss!! YAY!!
October 4: We went to see a movie near Nate's house (we lived an hour apart....lots of driving!). Before I headed home, we said "I Love You." I don't think I stopped smiling for days!!!
Haha, so in like 4 days, we went from "are we dating??" to "I love you!"
We got engaged on October 28, and were married February 3, 2005! I LOVE MY NATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy 4 years, Sweetie!! He is the most amazing man, and he treats me with more respect and love than I could have ever imagined in a marriage. Not a day (or even a few hours) go by without him telling how beautiful and wonderful I am!! I think every woman deserves to hear that from her man every day! I'm so grateful the Lord blessed me with Nate. He worthily took me to the temple, and I have NEVER doubted the promise he made across the altar that day to love me for time and all eternity. Thanks for everything Nate, I'm so glad you're all mine FOREVER!! Plus, you're just really HOT!



Anyway, a few more pics! I love this outfit on Cam. I'm still getting used to his hair....it's a little shorter than I wanted. I miss his hair! I hope it grows fast! (I think he looks just like his cousin Andrew in this picture!!)
Cheesy! Why is my face always so red? No idea....
Nate has all of next week off of school, yay! He just finished his political analysis midterm, so he' s feeling pretty relaxed! On Tuesday, we my friend is watching Cam, and we're going out for dinner and a movie. We haven't been on a dinner/movie date in probably over a year!! How sad are we? We just always stay in and rent movies. We can't wait for some Red Robin and a fun time with just us before we have TWO kids to keep us busy!!!!!

6 Happy Thoughts:

Whitney said...

Don't forget also on Oct 3rd we celebrated my birthday. I'm surprised you forgot because of the first kiss and all :)

ashley said...

Happy Anniversary! How fun! Cam's hair looks great and he totally looks like drew in that picture. Way cute!

DeAnn said...

That was fun to read your dating story. I'm sad I'd moved to Ohio and missed it all. Remember all the drama when I first started dating Jonathan?! It would have been fun to go through Nate drama with you.

Missy said...

Yay! I love October! I enjoyed reading your dating story! So fun! You are so perfect for Nate...and I love having you as a sister!

Jenn said...

Happy October!
Can I just tell you that Cam's haircut is SO CUTE! He looks super-duper darling!!!

Amy said...

Hey Becca! I was excited to see an update of what is going on with you and your little (growing) family! What a fun stroll down lovers lane! We just celebrated our 10th anniversary this month. Go MARRIAGE!