Monday, September 29, 2008

Just Enjoying Life!

The weather has been beyond fantastic lately....upper 80's at the end of September!! Loving this! So we've been trying to spend as much time outside as we can before Winter takes over.


Last week my friend Jenn and her boys Cameron and Carsen came over to play. The boys had a blast, and Jenn and I continued our newfound Cafe Rio lunch tradition...loving that!Cameron is as obsessed with basketball as ever. He likes to have us sit in his room with him while he shoots hoops. Today, Nate raised the hoop to 5 feet, and Cam still swished them from far away like crazy! Yesterday, his nursery leader told me that he's never seen a 2 yr old sink shots like Cam does.....guess all the hours of practice pays off!
On Saturday, I met up with my friend Paivi and her sweet family at the zoo. I haven't seen her in probably 5 years...maybe more? Her kids are adorable, and it was SO fun to catch up! Cam had a blast at the zoo, as always. I forgot my camera, but Paivi aren't going to let another 5 years go by, so I will have to bring my camera to the next outing!



Yesterday was BUSY. Sundays always wear me out, but I guess that's to be expected! The Primary is running smoothly, and that's all I can ask for! After General Conference, we start working on the Program. I will be grateful when it's over....but it's gonna be good. My 2nd counselor, Melanie, wrote the whole thing, and it's really sweet. I love our kids! My calling has brought me some trials and growing periods, but it has definitely been a huge blessing. We'll see how things go once this baby comes though!!


After church we headed over to Sugarhouse Park. Our friends Ron and Erin are moving to New Zealand, so they had a little gathering to say bye. Some of the kids there had this little 4-wheeler that Cam couldn't get enough of! We also headed down to the pond to feed the geese. I thought Cam would be nervous, but he got right up to the edge and loved throwing the bread.


(you can sort of catch a glimpse of my prego belly in this video)

We love you Ron & Erin! We're going to miss them a lot while they're gone for the next year. They are some of my favorite people!

This weekend we have a mission reunion. I'm excited to go see everyone, it's been a long time! I'm not sure who is still in Utah, but a few elders have mentioned that they will be there, so I'm excited to see them! Hey Melver, aren't we supposed to go back to Suwon and meet up with Elders Ahn, Engstrom and Camby?? Oh the plans we used to make..... Well, I'm sure I will have some fun pics and hilarious stories after the reunion. I don't think I've ever had as much fun as I did every day on my mission. I could tell stories for days.....breaking our fast at a bar, eating chicken feet, getting on the wrong bus, wearing like 12 layers of socks and sweaters during the winter, drunk old men breathing on us on the subways, being shoved into buses....oh yeah, and the productive stories too.....baptizing sweet Jessie, not going home at night until we handed out all of our Book of Mormons, and I think the best are my door-knocking stories with Sister Melver. I could do a whole post on those....maybe I will sometime!

I've decided what bracelet to buy for my Fairy Tale Jewelry giveaway: http://www.fairytalejewels.com/90133InitiallyYoursBracelet.html Isn't it cute? Actually, Nate picked it out! I love that he cares about these things with me! And now that we picked her name out, we can get her first initial as a charm! So fun!

4 Happy Thoughts:

Bethany said...

I love that! So cute.

Let the party begin... said...

What a sweet bracelet. I'm sure it will look beautiful on your baby girl. I'm so jealous that it's so warm there still. It's not been too bad here. I can still go for a run in shorts and t-shirt so I shouldn't complain. I just love 80 degrees weather especially at this time of the year.

DeAnn said...

We had the missionaries over for dinner last night and we were exchanging funny mission stories. It was fun to think back to all of the good times.

Anonymous said...

oh the mish..... ur right our lives were jammed packed with craziness.... remember when Creeper crept...SO GROSS!!!!ugh... and the neighborhood block party.... remember woodman's ORANGE hair.... i still can't go past a mi yong shir without dying of laughter.... remember that stupid dog i tried to kill with chocolate...EVERYDAY.... ur going to have to fill me in on the reunion.