Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jordan River Temple, Ultrasound, Awesome Tuesday!

Okay, so now that we're home and the crazy phone-calling and e-mailing has slowed down a bit (although that was way fun to talk/write to all of you!!), I wanted to write about yesterday because it was a really special day for me.

Yesterday morning, Nate's mom watched Cam while I went to a session at the Jordan River Temple. It's been WAY too long since I've gone, and I've been feeling the need to do better since I have literally 5 temples within an hour of me!!! I love the Jordan River Temple too because that is where Nate proposed. It was a rainy October day, and we were just walking around the grounds. We stopped at the fountain in front, and right when we stopped, the rain cleared, and a HUGE rainbow stretched across the entire valley, it was amazing. I had a relatively rough journey getting to the point where I was finally with a guy who I knew loved me and would keep loving me forever. I feel like that rainbow was the Lord confirming that Nate was who He wanted me with, and Nate was my perfect reward for all of the stuff I'd put up with in the past!!


Anyway, the session was great, obviously, and when I got to the Celestial Room, I was completely overwhelmed with the feeling that my life could not be going any more PERFECTLY than it is right now. I have a gorgeous, hard-working husband, a beautiful son who is my life, and a sweet baby on the way. I felt very strongly that this baby is supposed to be coming now, and that our family is going to be very blessed because of her presence. I was overcome with gratitude for Nate for how hard he has been working in school and at his job. We still have about 2 1/2 years of school left, but I felt extremely comforted that we will always be financially secure and be very happy during these years. I can't think of ONE thing I could change about my life right now.


After the temple, I hung out with Nate's mom for a bit while Cam napped and while we waited for Nate to get off school. Then we headed down to Salem. We dropped Cam off with my mom (he was beyond thrilled to see BOTH Grandmas in the same day!), and Nate, my dad and I headed down to the Payson office. My dad doesn't do these ultrasounds, but he had to run to the hospital anyway. We got there, and after a blood pressure and weight check (I've gained a whopping 5 pounds this whole pregnancy!!), I FINALLY got to get ready for the ultrasound! I was so excited! The ultrasound tech who does these is named Paul. He did my ultrasound for Cam, and he's excellent. My dad poked his head in and said he had to run over to the hospital for a moment, so he wondered if Paul could tell what we were having right away or if we'd just have to tell him when he got back. Paul put the goop on my tummy, put the probe thingy on my tummy, and literally ONE SECOND after an image came up on the screen, he goes, "You've got a little girl." I was shocked! Tears came to my eyes, and Nate's whole face just lit up. I wasn't expecting to hear the news SO fast, Paul's amazing! So my dad left, and Nate and I got to enjoy a very fun ultrasound. Paul was hilarious, he kept saying, "She's being very immodest for us. There is no mistaking this one!" I was grateful though because I've heard of parents being told Girl, only to get a little Boy in the delivery room!! Paul showed us her heart, you could see all 4 chambers working wonderfully, I was so relieved. We saw her kidneys, stomach, bladder, a nicely formed spine, her brain, and both hands and feet. She was very active during it, so we had a good show. He said that right now, her feet are resting on my bladder (yay for me!) and her head is up. He said the placenta is in the right place, and basically that everything looks "perfect". He measured my due date as being either Jan 21 or 23 instead of Jan 17, but apparently my due date is still the 17th. I deserve a nice 6-pounder after pushing Cam out!!!

Here are a few pics, the best we could get.
Here's the bottom of one of her feet. That's her shin off to the left.Here's her palm. She kept opening/closing her fist, it was SO sweet.
Honestly, I don't know what we're seeing with this pic, but I like how it says GIRL!! :)
We have a few of her face, but when I put them on here, it's nearly impossible to make out the features unless I point them out. I'm just hoping she looks like Cam!!

We ate dinner with my parents, and I spent about 2 hours straight on the phone, which was so fun! I've already had so many offers of girl baby clothes, THANK YOU all so much!

On our way back up to SLC, we stopped again at Nate's parent's house to tell them the news (and get Nate's car). On our way, we stopped and bought a little pink outfit (can I just say that Nate and I both thought the infant boy clothes were WAY cuter than the girls....weird, huh. We both just hate frills, ruffles, & bows). We did find a cute little long-sleeve pink/white striped onesie with pink pants that have a little elephant on the bum. When we got to Nate's house, we had Cameron carry the outfit to Grandma and say "Sister." He performed perfectly, and Nate's parents were excited. Cameron LOVES to look at the ultrasound pictures and talk about his sister (even though I know he has NO idea what a sister or a girl is!). We've already taught him how to say her name, and his little voice sounds SO sweet saying it.

So yeah, that's that! I'm sort of still in shock. I'm not sure why I was SO surprised to hear Girl because that's what I (and everyone else) have been guessing all along! Needless to say, Nate and I said a prayer of gratitude for our perfect little family last night.

8 Happy Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I am very excited for you, how awesome to have one of both. It sounds like you had a wonderful day, congrats!

The Super Seven said...

Sounds like it was a fantastic day all the way around. I was so excited to get to hear it from your mouth instead of on the computer. You sounded just tickled pink!!! Girls are alot of fun and you can find lots that's not frilly and full of bows...I'm so not into that!!! Today was my first day of babysitting......just about over and it went really well. Once I get some energy back I'll call......the kids started school and Jessica starts piano afterschool.....fun times!!! I hope she likes it.......congrats again.....excited for everyone...hoping you get that 3 bedroom before baby comes so you can do a little girls room too!!!

Abraham and Sara said...

I'm so excited for you to have a girl! I have nothing to compare it to but I love it! Yay!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I don't know if it's a girl baby thing or just being away from Utah culture but people are constantly oogling and commenting on Gwen. We didn't get nearly that much response with our boys. Girls are really a lot of fun. I love my boys and still can't believe I have a girl too. I'm so happy for you to have a little girl.

I missed you a lot today thinking about how our boys are 1 year apart and now our girls will be 1 year apart. I have your blanket fabric. I think it's perfect. I'm excited to make it and send it to you.

Let the party begin... said...

I was so excited to hear your news. Little girls can be such fun. I love the ultrsound pictures especially the one with the little hand. It's nice to see the support with both side of the families.

DeAnn said...

I love her hands and feet. Maybe you'll have her on Michelle's b-day. Cameron sounds cute saying everything!!

Robyn said...

There's nothing like pregnancy--good or bad. So glad things are going well!
There are tons of cute girl clothes out there--the first thing I bought Hannah was navy blue with tiny red flowers (but nearly everything I was given was pink). I'm way more attached to my girls' things, even though I loved my boys' stuff. Have fun!

Lindsay Z said...

Congrats!!! What fun! Yeah, I've never been a fan of the puffs and frills either, but even so, you'll still never have enough! We're not finding out the gender. We didn't find out with Brenda and I thought it was awesome that way. Though it weirded me out when I had the ultrasound and I new that the gal there knew and my doctor knows! See you in the hospital! :) -Lindsay