Monday, September 15, 2008

It's Already Monday!!

Wow, the weeks are just flying by! It's already almost time for Prison Break again....YAY!! We love Monday nights around here....we put Cam to bed right at 7, and then settle down together on the sofa all cuddled up with ice cream, candy bars, popcorn and/or cookies to watch our favorite show!!

This morning both Cam and I woke up not feeling too great. So we stayed home from my Institute class (bummer) and just relaxed. I got some much-needed cleaning done, and our apartment maintenance crew showed up and FINALLY fixed our AC! It's been out for a week, and I have been roasting!! Then this afternoon we had a mommy/son outing to the zoo. I avoided the zoo ALL summer. I hate heat and crowds....especially if you combine the two! It was a fun couple of hours. It was still too hot for my liking, but there was hardly anybody there. Cam got brave and went down the big snake slide all by himself! We saw the animals, rode the train, played in the bat cave, and we went on the carousel....he still wouldn't sit on a moving animal, we just sat on the peacock bench, but it was progress from when Nate tried to take him last time! Although I almost threw up afterwards....heat, merry-go-round motion and pregnancy don't mix!! Cam and I are both completely exhausted now, but it was fun watching him play and enjoy the zoo. Oh, and his toy train set we bought him should be coming ANY day now...I cannot wait to watch his face when we open it for him!! I need to get some batteries in my camera!

Yesterday we spent all day with Nate's family. We went to church with them and had a fabulous dinner for Megan's 18th birthday party. She was only 13 when I met her, so it's been fun to watch her grow up. We love you Megan, you're awesome!! Nate, Cam and I went on a long walk that afternoon and just talked. It was nice to just have relaxing conversation that didn't revolve around anything stressful! In fact, we talked about our future and what kind of home we'd like to have eventually. I love planning my life with Nate because so far, everything we've dreamed up to this point has come true (no, we didn't dream up living in a crammed, hideous apartment, but we DID dream up finishing school, having kids, staying debt-free and being happy)!! So I feel confident that we will have the life we continue to dream up for ourselves!!

The rest of the week I will have Abby, so the days will probably just fly by like usual. Nate is working extra hours this week so he can have this coming Saturday off.....I CAN'T WAIT! Nate's mom is watching Cam, and me and Nate are heading to Provo for a BYU Football game....YAY!! Nate works every Saturday, and I hate it! So I'm so excited to have a whole day of just us and some Cougar football! We went to a BYU game on our first date 4 years ago, and even though we usually get to a game each season, it's always extra fun to remember that first game that was full of innocent flirting and wondering what the other was thinking!! Plus, we always get kettle corn and hot dogs....YUMMY!!! We also have a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory that we need to use up, so we'll probably stop there on our way home!!
Finally, Nate turned in his application for that teaching grant last week. WISH US LUCK!!! We will find out in November if he got it or not.....fingers crossed!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but we would really love to have tuition taken care of!! Plus, if we don't get this grant, we probably won't be moving into a 3-bedroom, unless we can get some other sort of tuition help. We know the Lord knows our needs and desires, and we will just let His will be done!! The Lord has already blessed us more than we deserve!!

4 Happy Thoughts:

DeAnn said...

I'm so jealous that you get to go to a game. I'll be huddled over my laptop listening on the radio. I'm such a nerd!

ashley said...

I want to take wyatt to the zoo, but don't think he can fully appreciate it just yet! And you are always blessed with what you deserve!

Merilee said...

I'm happy for Cameron that he has such a good mom.

Let the party begin... said...

I'll keep my fingers and toes cross for you and Nate. Life is pretty crazy when school, work and kids are involved...but what a fun ride it can be too! Have fun at the game this Saturday.