We've had a very busy, but very fun Monday! I signed up to take a Book of Mormon Institute class that meets every Monday (my one day off!) and they offer a nursery, how perfect! Anyway, we first met 2 weeks ago, but I had volunteered to do the nursery that week (we all take turns), so this week I got to go enjoy class. It was SO good, and it really was just what I needed to hear. The class is full of young mothers, just like me, and it was really fun to apply the principles and truths of the Book of Mormon to motherhood. Cam had fun in nursery, and the moms who stayed in there this week told me how funny and cute he is....yay, I love hearing that from other people! Who doesn't??
Then we met up with my friend Jenn, and her boys Cameron & Carsen. We ate lunch and headed up to Park City. I didn't realize how CLOSE we live to the outlets! Only 20 minutes!!! I've always gone to Park City through Provo Canyon, so I never realized how close to Salt Lake City it is....dangerous!! It was a little tricky shopping with the boys, they didn't like being stuck in strollers and pushed around boring stores. But there was a park they played at for awhile, and we took them to a great toy outlet store. Cameron got a little dumptruck and a basketball hoop set for the bath. Jenn was a SWEETHEART and gave me a gift card for The Children's Place, so that was fun. They had some GREAT deals....I got Baby Girl some CUTE dresses and jammies. We stopped in at Old Navy, and I got Cameron a cute Halloween shirt to wear. I'm not going to buy him a costume until next year...I know, I know, I'm a boring mom. But he won't know the difference, and I'm not about to run out and spend $20 on a costume he'll wear for 3 hours! So he can wear this orange pumpking shirt...good enough! I was able to sell some of my old maternity clothes on craigslist this week (yay!), so I had a few extra dollars to spend at the Carter's Outlet....holy cow, that place is SO deadly....everything in the store was 50% off! It was SO hard not to go crazy, but I was good and only spent $9 on the CUTEST onesies/pants set ever. They are brown and pink, and I cannot wait to put them on her! But now I swear I am done....maybe! We sold our dresser, so we have some extra cash. I'll probably just go buy diapers though....darn!
The rest of the week should be relatively quiet since I'll just be babysitting all week. Tonight we will be glued to the sofa watching the beautiful Wentworth Miller on Prison Break. That's our favorite show, and it is SO good this season!!


6 Happy Thoughts:
I think I would go crazy shopping for a baby girl! You have tons of self-control! Have a great week.
I am so proud of you! You were so good--that Carter's outlet was super dangerous. That pant/onesie set is SOOOOO cute. I LOVE it. We'll definitely have to go back up sometimes w/o kids and check out fall sales (starting in the next few weeks)
sounds fun, I want to go to the outlets sometime, hmm when do I have time. good job taking the class, nice to have a quiet break.
Shopping sounds like fun! I got Karen a cute Halloween shirt at Target. So Prison Break is good again? I was disappointed with season 2 and never watched season 3. I guess I should catch up.
Wentworth is gorgeous.
I actually think it's worth it to pay $20 for a costume because my kids use them for dress-up and we are now on our 4th baby and still using the little costumes (before they get gender specific), but I think it's a good idea to have them wear a Halloween shirt too. I was actually thinking about doing that for Natalie this year because she's so much smaller than my other kids were.
Post a Comment