Saturday, August 9, 2008

Small Moments

Cam is sick right now. He woke up at about 3:30 this morning just sort of moaning/crying in his sleep. The minute I touched him, he went to sleep. But if I moved my hand, he would wake up and cry. He was burning up. So I took him to the recliner and just held him while he slept. Usually I don't enjoy getting up during the night, but last night I just enjoyed holding and cuddling with my baby. I am trying to enjoy each small moment I have with Cam while he is still our only child.
His fever has been around 102 all day. Poor thing is just miserable. Breaks my heart. Tylenol isn't really helping, but Daddy is on his way home with some Ibuprofen, and hopefully Cam can just get some sleep.
A few months ago my friend Merilee told me about a friend of hers who recently lost their little girl to a choking accident. She was only 23 months old. Today I went to this family's blog and just sobbed. I'm not sure why I decided to read their blog, but reading this poor mother's pain and sorrow just made me realize that we should treasure each moment and each day we have with our families, especially our children. I don't even know this family, but I admire this woman for her strength. Here is her blog if you would like to read: http://jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com
We will never fully understand in this life why God chooses to take children at such a young age, but I have faith that He has a plan for each of us, and I know that He loves us more than we know. I love Cameron so much. I have struggled lately with his mischeviousness and his constant need to test us at his age, and I realize that I need to take more time to enjoy each small moment with him, with Nate, and with each of our future children.

2 Happy Thoughts:

Becca Jane said...

Now today I'm the one with the fever...blah....

Anonymous said...

I feel responsible because of Ella's fever, soooo sorry