This might sound crazy, but the thing I miss MOST about living in the Northwest is.....the RAIN!! I LOVE THE RAIN!! I love how it smells, how it makes everything seem fresh and green. I love the sound of it the most.
Unfortunately in Utah, it hardly ever rains (one of the many many reasons I hate living here....). Or if it does rain, it rains for about 5 minutes and that's it.
BUT this morning it has been raining for a few hours! I'm so happy! Nate took Cameron to the library, Abby is sleeping, and my house is clean (thanks Nate!).....so I am sitting here just watching, listening to, smelling & LOVING this rain! I hope it rains all day!
At the first of the year, I made a goal to read 1 book a month. I was doing so great because I was reading the Harry Potter series from start to finish. But I've been slacking. I'm about halfway through Book 7, so my goal is to finish it this month so Nate and I can talk about it! Also on my list of "to reads":
1. Uncle Tom's Cabin
2. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
3. To Kill A Mockingbird (my all-time FAVE, I try to read it every few years)
2. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
3. To Kill A Mockingbird (my all-time FAVE, I try to read it every few years)
Any other suggestions??



8 Happy Thoughts:
Jealous! I love rain too but where I live in CA we get rain only about 2 months a year. Rainy season is from about November to February but last year was pretty dry and we mostly got rain in January.
Read anything by Robert Fulghum. I love his books. He's a storyteller. It's like sitting and listening to a grandparent just talk. I'm currently reading Uh-Oh. If you don't want short stories then read The Anne of Green Gables Series by Lucy Maude Montgomery. I love those books.
gosh you wouldn't love rain so much here...we've had it for a week straight!! The Shopoholic books are always a fun read. Karen and I love them! they are so funny!
Breaking Dawn. \''/
DeAnn! DUH...Breaking Dawn! I'm retarded, that's TOTALLY on the list (as soon as I find someone to borrow it from!)
I love the rain! But it's not just the rain, it's the whole Willamette Valley. It's like heaven on earth! My mom just read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and said it was really good. I think that might be on my list to read next.
Bethany, I SO agree that it's heaven on earth over there! I've taken Nate up there several times to show him, and he's on board with the idea of trying to find a job up there, so I'm just hoping it'll work out. If not, he'd better let me take annual trips up to get my green fix and see my friends!
If you read A,V,M before me, let me know what you think!
I love the rain too! We didn't get any up here....... =( darn.
Rain is nice when it rains a couple of days and then sunshine for about three, oh wait, that would be in a perfect world, lol! We have so much rain no matter the season. It does make everything look lush and beautiful but can become depressing, sorry all you rain-lovers! I love, love, love the Anne of Green Gables collection as well as the Little House on The Prairies series.
Post a Comment