So we found out from some friends of ours that there is a teaching grant that Nate can get. It's called the Terrell H. Bell grant, and it pays for 4 years of tuition for those in a teaching major! Our friends told us that Nate has a good chance of getting it because he's a guy, and they want more male teachers. He's working on the necessary paperwork, recommendation letters, etc right now, and we will find out in October or November if we got it. The only down side (well for me, it's a down side) is that we'll have to work in Utah for 2 years after graduation or else we'll have to pay it back. But hey, that's worth it if we get tuition paid for!!
So the most exciting part for us if we get it is that instead of using our savings for tuition now, we can SAVE it to use as a house downpayment or get a bigger car or something MUCH more fun than tuition! Also, we'd be able to afford a BIGGER apartment!!!! Words cannot describe how thrilled I would be to get a bigger place.
Here's our layout now (ours is just flipped the other way):
And here is what the 3-beds look like:
They are literally twice as big. The rent isn't that much higher than a 2-bed, so we are hoping that this will all work out. We put our name on the transfer list, so hopefully by early next year we'll get in. We just have to wait for people to move out!!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Grant & A Bigger Apartment!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 Happy Thoughts:
So excited! I have been using the TH Bell grant for 3 years and it really helps a ton! Good luck!
Annie was about 14 weeks, but the Dr. said that the baby stopped growing at about 10 weeks. It's weird because logic tells me that it was still a fetus, but I still want to mourn the loss. I just can't figure out what that loss is.
That's awesome! I hope Nate gets the grant! It would definitely be worth living in Utah for two more years if your tuition was paid for!
We lived in our two bedroom for two years and now we are in a three bedroom. Having that extra bedroom is so nice!
That would be so exciting to imagine spending money on something you want instead of a "need". It would be sweet too to have a larger apt.. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you and Nate.
This is my first time babysitting since McKenzie was born. I decided that I'd only do 1-2 extra kids at a time and only for teachers or people in school. That way any days my kids have off, I won't have daycare kids either. It is a good way to earn some extra money, and Sammy is the best baby ever. He's seriously a dream child. Hopefully he stays that way!
Nate has been tagged to.
that's so exciting! how are things with the baby coming along? and i wanted to ask you, it's so cool how on your blog links you have when they were last updated...how did you do that? :)
Post a Comment