Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fun with the Fam

So for the past several days, we've been down in Salem at my parent's house. Both my sisters and their families flew in last week from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and New Orleans, Louisiana. I hadn't seen either of them in over a YEAR, so I was so so excited to see them again! All of our kids keep changing and growing so much, and it's hard living so far apart because we don't get to develop those relationships with each other's kids as much as we'd like to. Cameron LOVED bonding with his cousins and aunts. He loves to give Michelle and DeAnn hugs and kisses. He talked about them all the way home tonight, so it made me even more sad that we had to say goodbye to Michelle and Sam tonight. We miss you guys already!!
It was just a relaxing couple of days. My dad took Nate and our nephew Sam down to Glenwood (near Richfield) to go fishing and 4-wheeling on Monday. Nate and Sam are best buddies and have a blast together. They spent most of their time in Salem playing video games!! Nate deserved a good break because he has worked his tail off this summer in school. He didn't pick up his video games ONCE all summer, and his grades prove it! He did awesome, and he was SO happy to see the good results of his hard work! Good job Babe!! He'll be blogging about it soon, so check it out!
Other than a few birthday parties, we didn't do much, which is just what we wanted! The kids played hard, and the adults got to just talk, laugh and hang out. We ate lots of yummy food, including New Orleans Jambalaya that Michelle made, pizza, BBQ, steak and all of the watermelon, canteloupe, chips & salsa and salads we could fit!
My grandpa, Ben, was in town from Phoenix on Sunday evening. We got to enjoy some good time with him. I'm so sad that we don't get to see him very often, but Cameron took to his "Papa Ben" very quickly. Grandpa Ben is my only grandparent I have ever met, and I have many many fond childhood memories with him. Here is our little family with Ben:
On Monday we set up the pool and the Slip N Slide for the kids. The pool was a little big/deep for Cam, but he really liked the Slip N Slide. Sorry he's slightly indecent.... Anyway, it was great swimming weather, and the kids had a blast. Isn't my parent's backyard gorgeous? I love how close to the mountains they live. When we moved here in high school, I was miserable and found lots to whine about....BUT I never once complained about this fabulous view out my bedroom window!!That evening we had a little birthday party for Sam, who turns 12 later this month. He's such a GREAT kid. His latest passion is composing symphonies. He's amazing...he writes scores for every instrument and then puts them together on his computer. This kid is going places!!
Here's a shot of my sister, Michelle. Ella ran through the shot....why didn't I just take another one?Sam with his cousins, Natalie and Megan (baby Ivy's body on top of the sofa!)Sam with all of his birthday loot! Happy Birthday Sam!I finally got to meet my cutie nephew, Isaac, who turned ONE on August 5! On Tuesday evening we headed over to DeAnn's in-laws for a birthday part (forgot the camera!). It was fun to have so many birthday celebrations with family this year!Cousins Isaac and Ivy!

Here's a shot of an exhausted me. I'm still waiting for that "2nd Trimester Boost of Energy" that they say comes....Cameron climbs on any piece of furniture he can get his hands on. Wait...maybe that's why I'm so exhausted! Between me wanting to lie on the sofa constantly and Nate being pre-occupied with video games and being in Glenwood, it was tough to keep a hand on Cameron.....he's at such a BUSY age! Good thing there were lots of adults and kids around to help keep him out of trouble (except for the possible shower cleaner swallowing, and him having some attraction to knives and scissors....I swear this kid.....!!!!!)And finally, here's Daddy having some fun with Cameron! Cameron kept laughing and saying "again, again"!! He sort of looks like he's in pain in these pics, but he loved it! Such a goofy kid we have ourselves here!

I didn't really take many pictures of DeAnn and her kids, but next week we have another vacation down in Glenwood....more 4-wheeling, fishing & lounging coming up!

Tonight Baby kicked me HARD for the first time. I've been feeling a ton of flutters and somersaults, but this was a true KICK.....a slightly painful one!! I loved it! DeAnn brought all of Cameron and Isaac's baby clothes back with her, so we looked through everything. I so totally want another boy so badly. Although I am praying that he/she won't be quite as energetic and mischevious as Cameron!

So that's it for now. Back to babysitting, laundry, playing outside.....until next week!!

8 Happy Thoughts:

The Super Seven said...

Sounds like you are having such a fun time with family!!! I'm glad that our family lives close to us....I have some fun time with my sisters. We are anxious for OTH to start again......I'm hoping we'll connect tomorrow.....I'm starting to stress about all the things I need to get done.....today I'm cleaning out the van.....fun stuff!!! Chat with you soon.....

Let the party begin... said...

What an amazing time you're having! You're right, the view from your parents backyard is stunning. I don't think I'd leave home, lol! I have never known any of my grandfathers but grew up with only one grandmother who was like a mother to me. It's nice to have those kind of memories. Kudos to Nate on his hard work paying off!

The Bing's said...

I've missed you....sounds like you guys have been having a great vacation...I wish I had more to share like you but I've just been enjoying the time off to relax and get some things done around here that I've been wanting to do. I loved all the pictures on your post...Cam looked like he was having a blast on the slip and slide. So much family fun time...hopefully we'll get to chat sometime soon!!!!

Becca Jane said...

I still need to catch up on the past few years of OTH....I was SO into it when it first started!

Missy said...

Sounds like so much fun...I love that backyard! I love the pictures of Nate squishing Cam's face. I was laughing so hard!

Michelle said...

It looks like you had fun. I'm glad you got to see your family. I still laugh every time i read about your sisters Michelle and DeAnn. I have to remind myself that you aren't talking about me. hehe.
Cameron looks so cute in his swimmer diapers. we used to have a slippin slide just like that collin loved it.
Try to get lots of rest and congrats on the baby kicking... that is so exciting!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I'm glad you had so much fun with your family. The pictures of you just kill me! You don't look pregnant at all!!!! Your stomach is flatter than mine was before I had kids. (I have never had a flat tummy) But I know how you feel, you think you look so different but most people don't notice anything. I've missed you these last few days.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Naked Korean stories - my favorite memory of you!