We had a nice holiday weekend. Nate didn't have work or school on Friday, which was great. We enjoyed just lounging around for most of the day. We watched Vantage Point (good movie!) and The Eye (dumb movie) and sad to say, we watched probably 10 or 12 episodes of The Office. Jim and Pam are my favorite tv couple ever! That show just kills us. That evening we headed over to Nate's aunt & uncle's house in Sandy and had a nice BBQ. I'm glad Cam is almost to the age where we can just let him take off and go play.
Last night we got to hang out with our friends, the Westovers. They lived across from us when we had our house, and Tristan and I hung out nearly every day. We were so bummed when they moved to California last year. Tristan had a little baby girl in February, so I was excited to meet little Gwen and see her boys, Gavin & Parker again. We met at the Mayan.....a really really fun restaurant. The food was excellent, and the entertainment was even better! Our table was right next to the pool, and every 15 minutes or so, they have these divers come and dive off the cliffs. It was perfect for Cameron too because he was so entertained by the divers and the waterfall and the pool that he wasn't screaming to get out of his seat like he usually is!! It was sad to say goodbye to Tristan at the end of the evening, but I am in touch with her nearly every day, so that makes it easier. I love you Tristan!
Tristan holding her son Parker, and me holding her cutie pie Gwen.
Cameron likes to get wrapped up like a burrito after his bath!!

Daddy & Cam walking to the car.
Other than that, nothing too exciting has been going on. Nate is just busy busy with summer school, and I am constantly trying to keep from puking......I felt SO good the past few weeks, so I'm not sure why the nausea has come back so strongly. Not fun! I have an ultrasound on July 14.
Today in Primary, we gave each child a mission call and a little nametag. The Jr. Primary got called to fun places like Disneyland and McDonalds, and we sent the older primary to different states & countries. I asked the missionaries serving in our area to come talk to the kids. It was really fun. I am sooooo grateful every single day that I got to serve a mission (and not just because that's where I met Nate!!). It was just such a fun time in my life.
This week is BUSY with Cam's birthday. I have Ashlan tomorrow, and then on Tuesday, I'm going up to my friend Jenn's to get Cam's pictures taken. I can't wait for that! We need some new pics of him, all of the ones we have in frames around the house are from when he was like 10 months old! Wednesday is Cameron's birthday. We are taking him to Discovery Gateway, and then we're going out to Korean food with the Swains. The weekend will be busy with baking for his little party on Sunday afternoon. I keep telling him his birthday is coming up, and everytime I mention his birthday, he yells "Two!". His 2 year checkup is on July 14, and I am excited for that. I'm hoping to be able to take him off of his whole milk. It doesn't matter because we're on WIC, so our milk is all free, but it would be nice to not have to buy him his own milk.
Time for dinner.....Nate is making Kimchee Pogumpap! YUM!


3 Happy Thoughts:
I got home from my super fun vacation to Cape Cod. Now I have to get all caught up in the Blog World.
Hey! We watched Vantage Point too! Funny. It was pretty good--I was pleasantly surprised!
I love the burrito pix of Cameron-CUTE! He has the cutest smile!! I'm so excited for Tuesday. I'll call you tomorrow and we'll talk about where to meet up for pictures...at 9:30a right??
sounds like you guys are having some fun...that restaurant sounds soooo cool...very entertaining. Cam is one cute burrito...man that kid is super funny. Can't wait to see his pictures that your getting taken and any you take on his birthday can't believe he's almost2!!!
Post a Comment