Friday, July 25, 2008

Crazy Summer Days

We have been pretty busy lately with lots of fun adventures. I have been a slacker at blogging about them lately because I didn't want to post over my beloved John......I seriously can't stop watching his videos and oogling over how awesome that concert was....sigh! Well, sadly, life must go on..... :)

Last Sunday, we drove down to Nephi (about 80 miles south of SLC) to see Nate's great-grandma Riley. (Cameron's great-great grandma!!!) Nate's sister, Missy, and her family are in town, so we also got to see them. Here are all the Wood cousins. L-R Cameron, Riley, Ryan, Ethan
The cousins had SO much fun playing together!
Cameron's favorite was this little toy backpack. He wouldn't take it off. I couldn't stop laughing at how hilarious he looked!!Here is Cam with his great-great Grandma Riley. I always tell him how lucky he is to know her. I have never met either of my grandma's, so Cameron is a VERY lucky boy to have 2 grandmas, 2 great-grandmas and a great-great grandma!! We love our GG Riley SOOO much!! I love talking to her and hearing all of the fun stories about her life. I was talking to her about her older relatives, trying to get baby name ideas!! So fun! Just some pics of Cameron lounging. I think Nate took these, because I don't remember Cam lying like this, so cute! He's so big!! It seems like he grows taller every day.

Thursday was July 24, which is a major holiday in Utah, Pioneer Day. Nate was off work and school (yay!), so we went with his family to the This Is the Place Heritage Park. We ended up buying a family pass so that we can take Cam up anytime. He loves the animals and the little playhouse area. After the park, we took Cam home for a nap, and then we headed over to Nate's parent's for a YUMMY BBQ. They set up a little play pool for the kids, and Cam played in the water for nearly 3 hours! When it got dark, we lit fireworks in the driveway. Cam was a bit nervous about them at first, but he liked them towards the end.

Heritage Park has this GREAT petting zoo area.
Giving the baby animals "cuddles". That goat is seriously the cutest thing ever. It's way friendly and loves to be petted.This little stream runs through the petting zoo area. Cam is obsessed with it. Nate tried to take Cameron on the horse ride, but he freaked out and was clinging to Nate for dear life. Maybe next time.....This is the little playhouse area that Cam loves. He even woke up this morning asking to go to the "houses". It's nice because he doesn't run off when he's playing with these, so I get to just sit in the shade and relax! We might be going here often! The Heritage Park has two trains you can ride. This bigger one takes you around the whole park (technically it's not a train, but Cam doesn't know the difference!!)This is a little kiddie train that goes around the pond. Cam LOVES this!!Cameron got to sit with cousins Mikalle and Riley!


And finally, today I didn't have Abby, so Cam & I drove up to Ogden and met up with my friend Michelle, and her boys Collin & Ryan. Ogden is about halfway between SLC and Logan, so it worked out great for us to meet there. We went to the Dinosaur Museum and Park. It was insanely HOT, and the kids kept running all over the place, so we didn't stay too long. But it was still fun to see them again. Hopefully Michelle can come up and hang out next week. Our kids get along so well, and Michelle and I still laugh and act like dorks together like we did in college! We always whine that we live "so far" away from each other (it's about a 2hour drive one-way), but honestly I'm SO glad we still get to see each other once a month or so. Cameron comparing his hands to dinosaur feet prints!!

Collin & Cameron had fun running around together.



Well, I think things should calm down for the next week. Maybe..... Hopefully!!! Tomorrow night I am teaching my friend Yeh-Jin how to make enchiladas. There is a GREAT Korean family in our ward, and she is one of my favorite people. Cam LOVES her kids too, he likes to say Korean words to them, especially "shin-pahl" (shoes). They made us a fabulous Korean dinner when we first moved in, so now I can return the favor! I will be sure to take pics because her kids are too cute! Sunday will hopefully go smoothly, since I don't have Sharing Time, although I do have an early morning meeting..... I think our friends Ron & Erin are coming over too. I hope so, they are SO fun to hang out with. Next week I have Abby Monday thru Thursday. And then next weekend is when all of my family comes in from out of town and the craziness begins again! I love it, and I can't wait to see my sisters!!!!!!!!!!!

8 Happy Thoughts:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Holy long post, Batman! I'm glad to hear that Cameron is finally ok with cold water in kiddie pools. I will be posting pics of my boys in our rubber raft that I converted into a kiddie pool since our pool popped.

Hey, how did you do the cool links on your sidebar?

Jenn said...

Holy cow! What a busy time! It looks like you've been having a fun time! We have a family pass to the dinosaur park in Ogden, isn't it so fun?! Cameron is obsessed with dinos right now.

DeAnn said...

So many fun pictures. He always looks so curious and like he's having the time of his life. So cute. I can wait to see Cameron in person in a week! Since you got a pass we will definitely have to go to the This is The Place Heritage Park. That's so cute how he hugs the animals.

Michelle said...

Looks like fun. I love your picts. Make sure and get lots of rest in the next few days. I bet you need it! I would! See ya soon!

Let the party begin... said...

I'm so jealous of the fun you and Cameron seems to have all the time, lol. I want to play too! I love when e're on msn together. I actually laugh so hard sometimes, I seem to need the bathroom every now and then when we're talking. I don't think I'll ever trump your 12 but I'm pretty proud of my 7, haha! Let Nate know that my sympathies are with him, if you know what I mean. That's what happens when you're such a dedicated wife. I think the number 12 is going to be my new favorite number, lol.

Merilee said...

Hi arn. You've been busy. We need to get together next week because after that, it will be at least 4 weeks before I can do much. Love you!

Jonathan said...

ijust wanted to tell you that i am blogging agian. and my three new posts are about the new comic books called super g.

Kasie said...

Your pictures are always so cute! I especially love seeing the ones with all of the Wood grandkids together! Cameron is lucky to have so many cousins! (The only ones kinda close to my age were Nate and Mallory!) P.S. - Tell Nate he needs to blog again!