Friday, July 18, 2008

Congrats!

I just wanted to say a HUGE congrats to my awesome friend Jordan on the birth of her daughter, Lauren Beth. She is a gorgeous baby, and I am so excited for you guys! McKay is going to LOVE his little sister! I love the simplicity of her name too, it's so pretty!!

This week has been long, but good. I babysat sweet little Abby all week. My goal this week was to establish a routine and schedule for Abby. She is an absolute angel and we clicked immediately. She takes 2-hour naps at 9 and again at about 1:30. She has been a joy to watch, and I am really learning how to juggle a baby and Cameron. It's giving me a lot of confidence that I can handle 2 kids!!! Abby's mom, Harmony, comes and feeds her at noon each day, so that gives me a break, and we have a lot of fun talking. Harmony is from Australia, and I just love her accent!! It's nice to have that adult interaction during the day too! Like I said before, she's paying me well, so we updated our budget so that some of that money goes straight to savings for the new baby.

Nate got his first speeding ticket ever the other day. Way to go Honey!!! Luckily our insurance didn't go up, and the ticket wasn't too bad, he was only going 15 over!!! Nate is actually an excellent driver (hence this being his FIRST ticket). I'm really grateful because reckless, fast, irresponsible drivers are one of my biggest pet peeves EVER. I can't even describe how irritated I get when I see these idiots speeding down the freeway weaving in and out of traffic. Especially when I have Cam in the car.....I swear if one of these idiots hurts my child someday........

We have a busy weekend ahead, so I'll update again soon. Hopefully the Usana Theater lets us take cameras in (does anybody know if we can?) so that I can capture the awesome-ness that is John Mayer on Monday night. Our tickets came the other day and are tucked safely away.

4 Happy Thoughts:

Jenn said...

CUTE baby.
I'm glad things are going well with baby Abby. She sure is cute! You'll be great with 2 kids, but it's nice to have the extra added confidence beforehand!

Michelle said...

I just changed my vote from a girl to a boy. I don't know why. Maybe because I had two boys first. Have fun at your concert!!! Wave to Jenn for me!!!

Anonymous said...

well done juggling the two kids! good practice! I had a massive truck do that once to me, cut me off, speeding, etc...well I called the number on the back of his truck (it was a business owned truck) and gave them the plate number. I speed occasionally (not too badly, 10-15 over max) but there's no need to be reckless!!

COLE said...

that's so funny about the hsm bag! he's so adorable that he may just bring back the 'man bag'...or what did joey on friends call it?! so when do you find out if it's a girl or a boy!?