HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all dads out there!
This morning I made Nate chocolate chip pancakes and raspberries for breakfast. He got a candy bar and a cute photo/frame from Cameron at church. After church we headed over to Nate's grandpa's for a fantastic BBQ (I had my camera but was too busy eating to take pics, sorry!). It is always so fun to hang out with all of Nate's family. I wish my family lived closer so that we could see them too. Anyway, YAY for Nate, you're the best daddy ever!!!
Here's Nate last year around Father's Day. I should have taken a new pic this year, but Cam's in bed....I'll do it tomorrow.
On our way home tonight, we drove by our old house. The new owners (a young couple, I believe....we never met them, but I know they didn't have any kids yet) have been taking good care of it. I loved that little house, but I don't miss it....especially during the summer....no AC!! Being a homeowner was great, but we are happy to just rent while Nate is in school. It was getting too expensive and stressful for us. But I was really happy to see the yard was kept up. We had the coolest yard. Here are our precious tulips...really the main part I miss about our house!! haha!
Tristan, I hate to say this, but your yard wasn't looking so hot.....sad! I hope they are taking as good of the inside as you always did though, because I LOVED your house! Maybe I mostly just loved all of our memories in your house! I miss you!
Tristan, I hate to say this, but your yard wasn't looking so hot.....sad! I hope they are taking as good of the inside as you always did though, because I LOVED your house! Maybe I mostly just loved all of our memories in your house! I miss you!So since I've been sick, I decided to pick up my copy of Twilight again, I hadn't read it in about a year. I read it in 2 days....I totally forgot how GOOD it is. And the end, with James "hunting" her totally freaked me out! I don't remember that part being so freaky last time I read it, but I was seriously scared....I even had to make Nate come sit by me!! Bella is an IDIOT for going to that ballet studio alone like that. Oh such a great book! I probably won't read the next two again though.....I'm too anti-Jacob to even get into those ones!! Edward Forever!!


7 Happy Thoughts:
I'm glad you had a good fathers day. your hair is so cute. My sister just got her hair cut and she donated it to a place that makes wigs for kids in the hospital. As for the whole Twilight thing I totally agree with you. I really don't like Jacob... I read Twilight like three times and Eclipse like three or four times but i only read New Moon once. I take that back I read new moon 1 1/2 times. I read the first chapter and the last section when Edward comes back more than once. hehe. I'm such a dork.
P.S Sorry if I ruined that for anyone.
Don't worry Michelle....I think the entire world has read those books by now! I didn't like New Moon at all....in fact, my sister bought it for me (in spanish, ha) for my birthday, but I went and traded it for PS I Love You because I knew I wouldn't want to read about stupid Jacob ever again! Luckily Twilight is good enough in of itself that I can read that one over and over!
I haven't read them yet... I'm waiting for my sister to re-re-read them... but hopefully soon-everyone keeps talking about these books-makes me feel left out!! ha
I'm not surprised about my old yard. It was the nicest part of that house when we bought it but we bought in spring. Everyone's yard looks good in spring. It got hot fast and we spent more time fixing up the inside and less time working on the outside. Every year after that the yard died once summer hit. No sprinkler system. I'm sure the new couple didn't put one in and that's the problem.
I can't believe that it is about 2 1/2 weeks until we go back to Utah. I don't think I'm interested in seeing my old house. We'll see when we get there.
Jonathan's dad and sister like Twilight and Edward best too--they don't like Jacob. I guess I'm alone in that. Not that I want her to end up with him but he was such a good friend to her when Edward left. He does need to move on though. We all agree that the movie is poorly cast.
I just finished Twilight last week, I loved it so much I went out and bought it and New Moon, which I'll start here in a few days (when I'm done with the current book I'm reading, called "Tuesdays With Morrie"). Don't give anything away about New Moon! I'll let you know what I think when I'm done.
Post a Comment