Yesterday Cameron & I headed up to Logan (about 1.5 hours northeast of SLC) to visit our friends. Michelle & I met at Ricks and have always stayed great friends. Her boys, Collin & Ryan, have a lot of fun with Cameron, so we try and take turns visiting each other every few months.
Yesterday we took the kids to a Kindermusik class. We were excited about it, but it turned out to be a flop!! We thought it would be a relaxed class where the kids could play instruments and sing songs. But it ended up sort of being a joke..... The teacher kept trying to get these little kids to calmly sit in a circle and do things like "roll a ball back and forth to the beat of the music." Haha....is she serious? Most of the kids were completely out of control. I tried to take pictures, but it was even to chaotic for that! Oh well. Maybe in a few years!

Cameron kept playing with this little boy's shoes instead of remotely paying attention to the class, so funny!
This is the mass of Kleenex that Cameron managed to pull out of a box during the class...... I seriously just sort of laughed during the whole thing.
Then today we headed over to the Logan Zoo! It was really small and only cost like a dollar, but it was a really fun place for the kids. It was all fenced in, which was nice, and it was actually a really pretty park with a stream, lots of shade and trees.....it almost reminded me of Oregon. I always tell Nate that if we stay in Utah, I wouldn't mind living in Logan. I love green-ness, and Logan is really really beautiful in that way. Tree-lined streets, gorgeous mountains, and I LOVE the small-town feel of it. Good thing I get to visit there quite often, thanks Michelle!!
I love how all the kids are at the fence. L-R: Ashlee (Michelle's neice), Ryan, Collin, Cam

The boys liked playing on these rocks.




The boys all napped/slept really well, so Michelle and I got to hang out, talk, watch Friends & the Bachelorette. Visiting them is always so much fun because the kids mostly entertain them selves, and then Michelle and I get to hang out just like the "old days"!!! Last night we had Wingers for dinner. Michelle had coupons for free Asphalt Pie for dessert....always a bonus! So yummy! On our way out tonight, Cam and I stopped by my mission buddy "Elder Gibson's" house, which is just a few blocks from Michelle. He and I were in the MTC together (I LOVED my MTC elders, we had SOOO much fun attempting to learn Korean for 10 long weeks together!!). Other than Nate (obviously, haha!) I don't keep in touch with too many of my mission friends anymore, so sad. A lot of them are on Facebook or send the occasional e-mail, but we rarely hang out. A lot of the elders live in the Salt Lake valley, so we really have no excuses!! Anyway, it was fun to see Gibson for awhile and get caught up. Ahnyeong!!


7 Happy Thoughts:
Those were Collin's shoes Cam was playing with at kindermusic. That is a really good picture of the peacock, I still can't believe it just stood there posing for us. I'm glad you got to come visit. We had fun. I hope we can see you again soon.
it sounds like you had a great trip! don't worry about not stopping by, my cameron didn't nap today so he was in bed early anyway. -can't wait 'til the 28th though!
don't you just love logan?! my sister and her husband live up there and it's on the way to bear lake, so we are up there all the time. it's such a nice place!
oh, btw, didn't you just laugh at the whole concept of the kindermusik class afterwards?! i took cameron to a couple classes right after carsen was born and I was like 'are you serious?!' it was a total joke.
my s-i-l takes my nephew to the classes every week and he loves them, but cameron was not amused.
I totally understand about the baby shower. We'll miss you though. My family is driving to my house next Friday (June 27th) and then coming back for the baby around July 16th. Hope you are feeling alright!
sounds like you guys had a great trip...it looked like a lot of fun. I love that cam got into the Kleenex...too funny. The zoo looked amazing...the peacock so cool. Cam looks super grown-up in the zoo pictures!!! Fun times!!
We have a friend up here that is about to take over the local Kindermisik business from her boss who is retiring. The folks up here know what they are doing. Too bad the one near you is lame.
<3
TJ
Ha! We know from nursery (and mothering) what these little tikes will sit for.
Post a Comment