Thursday, June 26, 2008

Growing Up

Cameron's birthday is in less than 2 weeks....July 9! I cannot believe my baby will be TWO!!!!!!!!! I am not planning a big party, just a little gathering on the 13th. I'm going to make peanut butter cup cupcakes and one other flavor. I figure I will wait until his 3rd birthday to do a huge themed party. This year we will just do cupcakes and open gifts.


I'm so glad that Cameron has FINALLY learned how to smile for the camera! He also uses this adorable smile to his advantage. Any time he's in trouble, he grins at me and says "Sorry Bobby." Melts me. But don't worry, he still gets his time-out or whatever the punishment may be.....I'm trying to be a firm mother when it comes to discipline.

I'm watching Jon & Kate + 8. LOVE that show. Cameron always naps at noon, so I try to clean up until 12:30, and then I watch this show. I love Kate. She's an amazing example to me. I learn a lot from her. I just wish I stayed as organized and tidy as she does! She has 8 kids, and my house looks 10x messier than hers always does!!!! But really, her kids are very well-behaved. That says a lot about Jon & Kate as parents. Even though they are in the spotlight, they are doing an awesome job of keeping their kids grounded, disciplined and as normal as they possibly can. I love that. I like to watch this show because it makes me feel like I can handle my extremely simple life. I never feel like I should whine about ANYTHING after I watch a few minutes of the Gosselin household!!!!

Cameron's newest obsession right now is learning his numbers and letters. He LOVES the alphabet and points out every letter he sees. He is working on counting from 1 to 10. He always skips 9.... His favorite letters are H, S, W and M. He likes to find W or M in a book, and then turn it upside-down to become the opposite letter. Pretty clever kid!

Today while I was in the shower, Cameron scaled the baby gate we have put up, and then toppled over to the other side. He came and played peekaboo with the shower curtain with me. And he flushed the toilet about 5 times. Love that.....!!!!! I'm just glad he isn't trying to get out of his crib yet. I think I'm going to keep him in his crib until he does attempt an escape. He also has mastered the art of opening doors..... I think a trip to buy toddler doorknob covers is in the near future. In this apartment, we've always had our bedroom and the bathroom gated off. We might just have to keep the doors closed now with the knob covers. That will be annoying.....although Nate and I won't miss stubbing our toes every single day stepping over the gate!!!

6 Happy Thoughts:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

doorknob covers are a godsend! We have lever style doorknobs and Parker knows how to unlock the childproof covers. He also knows how to unlock doors and he can climb over baby gates. He at least respects us enough to not climb in our room. I hated shutting doors because it made the room dark. But you do what you have to do. Have you considered buckling him into a high chair or booster seat with food and TV so you can shower in peace? I used to do that. I know you shouldn't use the TV as a babysitter but I don't care. Those rules were made by people without kids!

Bethany said...

Good luck with the door knob covers. Hopefully they work for you. I bought them when Daniel was little and the little stinker figured out how to get them off! I love watching that show too. I always feel like if Kate can do 8 that well then I should be able to do my 4 just fine. I want her to send me detailed instructions on how she keeps her house so clean and organized.

Missy said...

what a handsome little guy! he seriously has the best smile ever!

Jenn said...

ahhh, I can't believe it's been so long since I was on the computer!! I have been completely smitten with the Twilight series that I haven't gotten around to anything else lately. I've read the first and second book in four days... and taken care of my boys and made dinners and worked! One book left... and I can't put them down! :)

Cameron is looking so grown up! So excited for his picures... and for this Saturday. Sorry I've been so distracted!

The Bing's said...

I can't believe that Cam's birthday is in two weeks...he is looking so grown up. He's just such a cutie and such a smart little guy learning his letters and numbers!! Go Cam!!!

I also love Jon and Kate plus 8...they always have marathons on TV here and even if I've seen the episode I watch them again because they're so funny. She is a super mom...some people don't like her but i love her and think she runs a tight ship but still always shows her children lots of love!!!

Good luck with the baby gates and door knob covers...i can't believe he climbed over the gate...he likes the adventure I guess!!!

Hope you have a GREAt weekend!!!

Becca Jane said...

That top picture of him just completely melts my heart. Seriously makes me want another boy!