Friday, May 9, 2008

It's Friday Already!?

This week has been soooo fun having Nate around so much. It will be hard to see him go back to school next week! I was hoping this week would go by slowly so we could enjoy Daddy-time, but it FLEW by!! Do ya'll read Nate's blog? He's really cute about it, you should check it out! And vote on his weekly polls!! On Wednesday he took Cameron to the zoo, and I got to enjoy some wonderful Me-Time. I headed over to Old Navy and Barnes & Noble. I could spend hours at B&N perusing books and drinking Italian sodas! It was a very relaxing couple of hours! I'm so grateful to have a wonderful husband who appreciates and understands the importance of spending some Daddy/Son time with Cameron to give me a break!
Cameron at the zoo with Daddy!

Other than that, we've just been enjoying having Nate around the house. He's gotten to log some video game time and watch the Jazz Playoffs, but he has also been sweet about doing some dishes and keeping the house straightened. How great is he?!? I love my Nate!
I bought a webcam the other day and am having SOOO much fun with it! Let me know if you have one, and we can chat! It's been fun to "talk" to my far away friends and family. I wish ALL of my siblings had one so we could see each others' kids grow up!! My friend Kathy turned her webcam on, and all of her kiddies crowded around in front of it, and we played games and they told me all about their day and showed me what they did at school....how fun!!!
Last night I made veggie/chicken/ham lasagna, and it turned out sooo good! I am always looking for healthy recipes, so if you have any, send them my way. I have been slacking on my workouts lately though. I have been SO tired in the mornings (no I'm not pregnant), and I have the hardest time dragging myself out the door. Cameron just came down with a horrible barky cough, and Nate just told me his throat is sore....I hope we're not getting sick! I know Cameron doesn't feel well when he asks to go to bed at 5:30, like he did tonight!! Crazy, huh! I hope we're not sick though cuz we have a busy weekend ahead! Tomorrow night our complex is hosting a Spring party, complete with a petting zoo, carnival games, FREE Jamba Juice (woohoo!) and other free food like popcorn and cotton candy! We're so excited! And then Sunday will be a big Mother's Day party at Nate's parent's house. Missy, Casey & family will be in town, so all the Wood cousins will be together. Fun! My parents are visiting my sisters in New Orleans and Milwaukee for the next few weeks.

Hi, I'm Ethan!

Hi, I'm Cameron!

We're both reaching for our binkies...... (you can barely see Ethan's in his left hand)

And now we're good!!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you hard-working moms out there! In General Conference last month, Elder Ballard said to mothers specifically, "Never wonder if you have worth in the sight of the Lord and to the leaders of the Church. We respect you and appreciate your influence in preserving the family and assisting with the growth and spiritual vitality of the Church."

8 Happy Thoughts:

Let the party begin... said...

First and foremost, have a super MOTHER'S DAY!!! Secondly, your husband sounds a lot like mine and thirdly, you were brilliant to figure out the whole "mike " thing. Now we'll be able to work around the house while msn'ing. It will be sweet when Karen, Kathy and I are having our card-making nights with you. I can't wait to surprise my family with this. Have fun this weekend!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Did you call me today? I was vacuuming and had no idea the phone rang. I noticed the call and wanted to call you back but I was helping Heath get ready to take the boys on a father/sons campout. Then Gwen was needy. Now it's too late to call you. Sorry. I hope you have a great Mother's Day. You are very inspiring to me.

Merilee said...

hi Arn...Happy Mother's Day to you too. And happy LEGEBOFF day. (May30th) I don't know why.

Lesli said...

I finally created my blog, but no posts on anything, hopefully tonight. the address is levangerfam.blogspot.com talk to ya soon

Jenn said...

Happy Mother's Day!
I'm glad you got your "me time" this week! What a fantastic time to regroup and take a breather!
Are we still planning on the 13th?

Jenn said...

I think the 13th is only supposed to be in the low 60s and a chance of rain... bummer.
Maybe we should plan the zoo for the 20th?? We are supposed to get a heat wave coming late next week... pushing us into the 80s. If I just had Cameron, I would say lets go on the 13th, but I hesitate having Carsen out if it's going to be chilly and drizzling. What do you think? You two are MORE than welcome to come up here and play on the 13th too. Let me know what sounds good to you-we're pretty much open to anything!!

DeAnn said...

Hi Becky--Happy Mother's Day!!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like Cameron might have the croup! Hopefully he is feeling better soon! Let me know if I can do anything for you!