On Friday night, Nate and I watched "The Ron Clark Story". We had never heard of it before, and we found it at the library. It's about a teacher, so we thought it might be fun for Nate to watch (plus it has Matthew Perry in it....can't go wrong with Chandler!). Well it turned out to be one of the BEST movies we've seen! SO GOOD! It's about a teacher who goes into a classroom of 6th graders in Harlem who are all low-income, branded as failures, they all act up, etc. He turns the whole classroom around, it's just SO inspiring. We highly recommend this movie!!!
This weekend was really fun, despite the fact that Cameron ended up being pretty sick all day Saturday. He had a fever of around 103 for most of the day, and his cough was SO barky. He slept most of the morning and afternoon, and luckily he perked up enough to go to the Carnival. Our apartment complex hosted it, we just love living here! Everybody is SO nice. There are a TON of Korean families here too, so it's always fun to talk to them. I'm so happy Cam felt well enough to go! He loved the basketball game the most. Nate and I loved the petting zoo, the animals were SO cute. We also got free hot dogs, popcorn, chips, soda and Jamba Juice!

We thought he'd be scared, but he went right up to all the animals.


On Sunday, Cameron was still coughing enough to keep us home from Church. Nate had to pass the Sacrament at Primary Children's Hospital that day, so I had to stay home. Luckily Cam took a pretty good nap that morning, so he was feeling well enough to head over to Nate's parent's house for Mother's Day. It was so fun to have all the Wood cousins together. We ate yummy food and just hung out. Nate's parents bought this playhouse for the grandkids, and they had a blast! Nate & Cameron made me a cute little card, and I got some Utah Truffles, which are the best! Nate is at the Korean Market right now buying some food so we can start eating Korean at home again. When we first got married we made Korean food like once a week! It's SO yummy and healthy, so we want to get into that again. I'm so excited for dinner tonight....rice, kimchee, seaweed, mandu & Samjeong!!!!! Ooh, and to top it all off, he bought Meh-shil....the yummiest drink EVER!! Jenn, has John had you try that yet?? If not, I'll bring you some next week!!
Here are all the mothers with their kids from Left to Right: Me & Cameron, then Nate's older sister Missy holding her youngest Ryan. In the pink is Grandma Jaylene (Nate's dad's mom) holding Ethan. Above them is Mallory (Nate's younger sister, Ethan's mom), then Riley is on the stool (Missy's oldest) and then Nate's beautiful mom, Robyn. I'm so grateful for the Wood family, I feel so blessed to be part of such a great family. I'm sad that I didn't get to see my mom, but atleast I was able to call her. 







4 Happy Thoughts:
What an awesome mother's day. I love the playhouse too. I think I want one. We had an elder that just returned from Korea last Wednesday. The picture of all the mother's is sweet. I love the whole "book" idea. After a few 3-way conversations with Kathy, we should be ready to publish, lol. I didn't get to see my mother on mother's day either. She was in Nevada. It's different when a girl doesn't see her mother on mother's day than a guy not seeing their mother.
That's a cool playhouse. We loved the Ron Clark story too. I'm planning on getting it for Josh for Father's Day. Either that, or Freedom Writers. Have you seen that one? Its good too. I love you.
Wow, I've been really bad about keeping up on my blogging with all of the warm weather!
We loved the Ron Clark Story too! We've seen it a few times. John especially likes it.
I have tried meh-shil, it's very yummy. I also liked milkis... it tasted like a melted sprite float to me!
We are all feeling much better now as well. Thankfully.
p.s.
we are so excited for Tuesday-I cannot wait!!
Post a Comment