First off, a big shout-out to my awesome friend Michelle, who just had her gall bladder removed yesterday, you poor thing! I hope you get better quickly and that your boys behave so you can rest! I wish I lived closer so I could come help you!
Unfortunately Cameron and I have both been feeling a bit under the weather this week, such a bummer, cuz I haven't had to babysit, so we could be off doing exciting things! I'm hoping we'll feel better tomorrow so we can hit the zoo or something.
So here are some pics of our Korean meal the other night (ignore our messy table). I've decided that Korean food never really looks all that appetizing, but boy is it YUMMY!! We could eat it every day and not get sick of it (well, we DID eat it every day in Korea!!!) Nate made us some fabulous Kimchi Poh-gum-pahp (basically kimchi fried rice). We also had mandu and seaweed (you can see me holding up some rice wrapped in seaweed). Now most of you will be grossed out at the thought of seaweed.....let me assure you, I was in Korea for 8 months before I could even come near the stuff. But then I was addicted....it's so good! We ate as slowly as we could, and we were still really sad when we were done!! Good thing that jar of kimchi will last us awhile! 

Okay...and finally, I must say....3 DAYS UNTIL DAVE RAMSEY!!!!!
Most of you who have been reading my blog for awhile have heard me ramble on and on about my and Nate's obsession with Dave Ramsey. He's a financial advisor who we just LOVE. He is our motivator to remain debt-free and to invest like crazy after Nate gets a teaching job so we can retire rich! I could go on and on about him. Read this book if you get a chance. A lot of his principles to remain debt-free require a LOT of sacrifice and hard work, but he just points out that you can't retire rich without taking the necessary steps. Nate and I sometimes listen to his radio show and are amazed at the people who call in with thousands and thousands of dollars of stupid credit card debt. Nate and I don't use credit cards, we use cash (or debit) for EVERYTHING. If we can't afford it.....we don't buy it! Simple as that!!


9 Happy Thoughts:
Yea - I can't wait till Saturday to go see Dave. I am excited to buy a shirt that says I see debt people. I hope I can get him to sign it. GO DAVE!
You are too funny!! I need to get his book and read it.......mind you were to the point that the house and van are the only debt we have. I hate credit card debt!! So glad I don't have school debt either.....that would stress me out a little. You'll have to let me know how it was. Glad to hear you are feeling better!!
i love dave too! :) i am just hoping my car makes it a couple more years so i can save for a new one! i love his concepts and how you are free to live because you aren't tied down to payments! i am jealous you get to see him.
I wish I was going too!
I wish we were going. But we would have had to buy the tickets with a credit card...umm, do you think Dave cares if people buy tickets to see HIM with a credit card?
Actually using a credit card is NOT an option if you buy anything on Dave's site, funny huh!! Nate and I laughed about that when we bought the tickets.
My Mom and her husband love listening to Dave Ramsy. She tells me about it all the time.
How funny, we have kimchi in our fridge right now too! A Korean lady just moved into the building across from ours, and John and Cameron helped her move in so she sent them home with some homemade kimchi. Pretty good. John told her that I like the cucumber kimchi and now she's going to make so of that for me. YUM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hDZRv9MYEE&feature=related
I was looking for fun Dave clips on youtube and I found this tribute song. I thought you might like it.
Post a Comment