Saturday, April 5, 2008

That's Debatable!

Be sure to jump on Nate's blog and vote on his weekly poll! His blog is called "That's Debatable"...where's it from...anyone? It's his favorite quote, and he says it all the time. Me: "Nate, it's your turn for Cam's diaper." Nate: "That's so debatable." Me: "No it's not!!" He's so cute...I love him!!


So I have this new thing.....an unhealthy addiction that needs to be stopped. I am in love with Pillsbury Ready-to-bake chocolate chip cookies. (Ermie, I blame this entirely on you!!) I stock up when they are on sale, and then I bake them either during Cam's naptime or at night. And I eat the entire batch in like a day or two.....SO BAD. They aren't as good as cookies from scratch, obviously, but they are SO easy, and I honestly can't stop! I don't make them every day, but definitely more often than is healthy!! Nate just shakes his head at me when he comes home and sees a half-eaten batch of cookies on the table. You know you love me Nate!

BUT....I have another new obsession. Salads!! I don't love lettuce, so I have been making these YUMMY lettuce-free salads lately that I also can't get enough of: Cucumber, Tomato, Hard-boiled Egg, Avocado, cubed Cheddar cheese & Craisins with Lite Balsamic or Raspberry Vinagarette dressing. SO GOOD!!!! Almost as good as the cookies!!! I have been eating that every day for lunch for the past week, so hopefully that balances out the cookies! I have been trying to eat more vegetables every day.


"Here, Ashy, have a drink!!"


On to Cameron news: Lately he has been growing and maturing SO much. I had to box up a bunch of his long-sleeved shirts this week because the sleeves are halfway up to his elbow or he's showing his cute little tummy all day! It was a bittersweet moment....I usually don't mind boxing up his outgrown clothes, but this time it made me a little sad. My little baby is wearing size 24 month/2T clothing!! How is that possible!! He has also been just plain growing up lately as well....he listens to me better than he ever has. He used to go to Time-Out 3 or 4 times a day, and now he goes only 3 or 4 times a week!! He has stopped getting into every cupboard, pulling the DVDs off the shelf every day and ripping up his books and every peice of paper he can find! He obeys when we tell him "no" now, it's amazing! And my personal favorite....lately whenever I tell him to come get his diaper changed, he stops what he's doing, comes over and lays down! Just like that! I cannot believe it....I hope it continues! I used to have to hold him down with both legs and listen to him scream through every diaper change! Now he holds still and makes it so quick and easy! What an angel I have!

He is also still talking up a storm. He's starting to imitate everything we say. His newest favorite funny word....."Hamburger!". It's hilarious! I tried to catch him on video saying it, but he always runs from the camera (hence me never having normal, smiling pics of him!). It sounds like "Hey-ger-ger" and it makes me laugh outloud. I make him say it over and over! It seems like he picks up a few new words every day. Yesterday he said Happy and Boots perfectly! Sorry, I'm such a proud, doting mommy! And his sign language is insane!!! Yesterday I sat with him and counted all the signs he could do.....40 SIGNS!!!! That's amazing to me! And most of those signs, he says when he signs them. I LOVE MY CAMERON!!!!!!!! He and Nate are my life, and I cannot believe how blessed and lucky I am to have them for eternity!! I could blog about them all day. They make me so happy, and we have so much fun together. Nate has 2 weeks off from school in May before Summer semester starts. He promised me that during his break, he'll take Cam to the zoo or somewhere for a day so that I can have an ENTIRE day off! WOW, I'm SO excited! He's such a sensitive hubby....he truly appreciates how exhausting it is to be Cam's mommy, and he is great about giving me "Me" time every so often.


And finally.....ANOTHER zoo day! I am trying not to post about every single zoo trip, cuz we go atleast once a week! But yesterday was really fun. We went with my mom, my brother's wife, Andrea and their kids, Drew, Ella & Ivy, and we also had sweet little Brooklyn (in the pink) with us. Brookie is 2 months older than Cam and is my oldest brother's little girl. Their family is still in town for a funeral, so we took her for the day. We took the kids on the little train ride, which Cam loves. He sits there and signs 'train' for the whole ride! At the children's park area, there is a HUGE snake slide, and Cam went down it for the first time yesterday. He LOVED it! He and Ashlan have been obsessed with the slide out on our playground for the past several weeks. They can both climb up the stairs and push themselves off the slide on their own, so that's made it a lot easier on me! Just barely I took Cam outside, and he played on the playground for almost 2 hours (between sessions!). Then we came in, he ate a HUGE bowl of spaghetti, TWO bowls of prune/apples and a whole cup of milk. No wonder he's growing!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend! I put Cam down for his nap early today so I can enjoy atleast a little bit of General Conference in peace! I am so thrilled to be able to sustain President Monson as our new prophet. I am excited for the May Ensign to come out so I can study the talks....it's hard to get a lot out of Conference with a toddler who demands Signing Time!!

11 Happy Thoughts:

Michelle said...

Wow. Cameron is growing up so fast. He is so cute. Those cookies look so good they are tempting me to go make some too. Yummy.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

You're so lucky Cam listens to you so well and has stopped getting into things. I had that with Gavin. Parker is another story! Sounds like you are super busy having lots of fun. I thought of you yesterday when I realized I had gotten a bit of a sunburn sitting at the park! It's tan now.

Anonymous said...

becky you are the blogging queen, the zoo was fun, let's do it again sometime. :)

The Bing's said...

Looks you guys guys have been up to fun things again...I always want to go to the zoo after reading your blogs...but the zoo situation in nova scotia isn't that exciting!!! I don't think there is anything wrong with a cook addiction...it could be worse...it's not like you are eating them for every meal...right?? eventually you'll probably get tired of them and move onto something new!!! You need to get a video up of cameron talking soon...can't wait to hear all his cute new words!! Hope you have fun at Conference...I'm excited to see it today!!

Jenn said...

We should go to the zoo! I have NEVER taken Cameron.... EVER!!! How bad is that?! It looks like you have been up to loads of fun the past few days.
Isn't it funny how quickly kids grow up?! Cameron was the same for a couple months and then boom, it almost seems like over night he started understanding and speaking tons of words and phrases!!

Merilee said...

Sorry about the cookies, arn. No, I'm not sorry. They are yummy.

Jenn said...

Want to try and go next week? The weather looks like it should cooperate!! It's looking like Monday and Tuesday should be in the 60s.

Jenn said...

Tuesday is perfect. We can be there around 9. That's not a problem. Where is the zoo? I know the basic area that it's in... but I don't know exactly. I've lived in Utah for 9 years now... yeah, I've never been.

Becca Jane said...

Does nobody know where "that's debatable" is from? DeAnn, I know you know that one!! Andrea, Jenn, etc etc...ANYONE...call me ANYTIME you want a zoo day! We're always up for it. In fact Cam and I are gonna run up there after his nap!

Nikki said...

Mmmmm, that salad sounds really good right now!

Nikki said...

I have no idea where that quote is from, but now I'm dying to know!