I really don't have anything exciting to write about....but it's a nice, quiet evening, so I feel like blogging. Nate is off buying basketball shoes so his poor feet don't keep killing him every week!! I basically had to shove him out the door....he hates spending money on himself! Cameron fell asleep at 5:30 again tonight. He didn't nap today, cuz he fell asleep on the car ride home from having lunch with Nate. So he slept for like 5 minutes and then wouldn't go down for a nap. He was a PILL for the rest of the afternoon, so I'm glad he went down super early. My little hero....he'll wake up SO happy in the morning!!!
I LOVE Cameron's face in this picture! It cracks me up!! I let him play with the paper towels during Conference so that he'd be entertained, and so I could listen!! He was in heaven!!!


And it's okay, because look at the sweetness he rewards me with!!!!
On Sunday we went down to my parents house for Conference. Nate kept Cameron busy by playing cars with him, and they went out to play basketball before dinner. Cameron LOVES making baskets!! Poor Nate got a good workout!!! Nate even shattered the backboard with his sheer strength....
Check out Cameron's new cool ball popper toy! He LOVES it....I think every kid needs one of these ($17 bucks at Target!). The balls go down the little track, and then a puff of air makes them come flying out the top. Nate and I like to make pretzels and Cam's binkies come flying out of it, it makes us laugh.
And finally....smiles for the camera! He's starting to do a better job of smiling for us when we take his picture. And speaking of pictures, I am SO SO SO excited, I finally found the photographer I want to use for his 2 yr old pics, and I cannot wait!! I'm probably even going to get them done in June, cuz I can't wait until July!! I have been looking lately to find someone good, I really wish I could have my cousin in Oregon take them, but I don't think that's an option this year! I've always wanted to find someone like her, who is good at capturing photos of children during play and exploration....I'm not a huge fan of places like WalMart, JCPenny or Target who don't use much creativity. Anyway, my neice and nephew just got their pics done by Jodi and I am in love with her photography. (You can click on her name to see her fabulous work!!)
So we (along with my parents) have started a college savings fund for Cameron. We are only putting a small amount in monthly, atleast until Nate graduates and gets a job, then we can put more in....but every penny will be worth it in 16 years!! Who knows how much college will cost by the time our kids are grown up!!! I'm so grateful for my parents, who are teaching Nate and I how to be smart with our money and think about the future, especially our kids' future. I am going to start doing some more babysitting (besides Ashlan) so we can put some money away each month...even $20/month will make me happy!! Sending my kids to college is so important to me. I hope I can teach them to work hard at their education and to not take any of it for granted. I am watching Idol Gives Back right now, and they are showing videos of children in poverty all over the world....and even in the U.S. There are children who don't have access to books or good education. It breaks my heart. There are days when I don't understand why I am so lucky to have been sent to a happy, healthy home where I grew up safely and comfortably....and now I am striving to provide the same type of home for my own family. Some of the children on this show don't even have children's books in their homes....Cameron's bedroom is filled with books! I try so hard to read to him, teach him his sign language, and give him lots of educational experiences. I am trying to take full advantage of my blessings. I just wish I could help other kids....I'm so grateful that every cent of tithing money goes towards helping others in some way. I am SO happy that Nate has decided to be a teacher. Even though teachers don't get paid much, I think they are more important than almost any other profession. Nate is going to be such a great teacher; he is going to help so many kids. What a great thing to do with your life. I love you sweetie!!


9 Happy Thoughts:
I think I will get my kids paper towels for Christmas!
For reals, hooray for teachers!!!!! although I think I am biased since I basically am one...ha ha ha.... and I LOVE the paper towels.
Update: Cameron slept in until 8:30 this morning...the little dude slept for 15 hours!!!!!!! Unbelievable! And he's not sick...he's running around happy and polite as ever, telling us 'thank you' for everything!
He's so cute. And Josh and I totally agree with everything you said about teachers...bacon
Gavin got one of those ball poppers for his first birthday. He and his cousin were playing with it. They were so surprised every time a ball came out and then they would try to put the balls where they were coming out. We have video of it and it is so cute.
Cameron got one of those ball poppers for Christmas two years ago... HE LOVES IT!!! What a fun toy!!
oh and by the way... thanks for leaving Jodi's name on here... I'm totally going to book her for family pictures in the summer!! She's awesome!! Love it.
Okay I started to comment and then it was gone...weird...anyway another fun post as always...loved all the pictures especially Cameron and the paper towel...he is too adorable!!! I can't wait to see his 2 year old pictures. The photographer looks amazing! They'll be the cutest pictures...anyway I should get back to our MSN conversation!!!love ya
Aren't those ball poppers great! My kids love the one we have. I love those pictures of Cam playing with the paper towels...so cute!
Post a Comment