Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Super LONG post!!!!

I have LOTS of pictures to post, so this will be long!! You don't have to read it all!!


Ron & Erin's wedding was really nice. Erin looked gorgeous. I'm not sure why my flash wasn't working too well inside the church though, so these are the best I could do! Nate is on the end, looking snazzy in his tux. It was fun to meet Erin's sister and friends. Nate had a lot of fun with Ron's cousins at all of the Bachelor events....the guys were great and even gave Nate apple juice in his flask instead of Jack Daniel! Funny!



During the wedding, Nate's parents and his sister, Megan, took Cameron to the zoo. They said he was such a good boy. They bought him kettle corn, which he loved. So later that night, I was sitting on the sofa and Cameron walks up to me and goes,
"Zoo."
"Grandma, Grandpa."
"Megan"
"Zebra."
"Giraffe."
"Baby giraffe."
"Bear."
"Popcorn."

I was so surprised! He is getting really good at remembering things and telling us about them. It's the cutest thing. He's at the stage where he likes to imitate any word he hears, so last night Nate and I were making him say funny words (DeAnn, remember making Natalie say Zygote? Yeah, Cam can say it too!).

If you haven't seen the movie "Bridge to Terabithia", I highly recommend it. We watched it the other night because Nate had read the book for his Children's Lit class. I absolutely LOVED it. I'm not usually a fan of children's fantasy movies, but this one was really great. I can't wait to read the book now!

So my sister, DeAnn, is coming to Utah for a vacation in August. The other day she asked me if I wanted to train for and run the Salem Days 5K, which will be going on while she's here. It's a far cry from a marathon, but I'm excited to have something to work towards now! I went running yesterday morning, and I was able to run for about 25 minutes. We'll see if I can improve over the next few months! Back when DeAnn and I used to run a lot of 5K's together, our times were always around 30 minutes (Slow, I know!!!!), so we're going to try and beat our time....that is unless I'm pregnant by then....I still want to run it, but I probably won't be focusing on getting a good time, I will just be happy to finish!!!

Today I finally had a nice break from babysitting, so Cameron and I got to go on a fun adventure today! We met my friend Jenn and her little boys, Cameron and Carsen, and went to the Discovery Gateway, it's a children's museum in downtown Salt Lake. I didn't even know it existed! Cameron and Cameron had so much fun running around. It is a bit pricey cuz Cameron isn't free, but it was so worth it.


Outside on the terrace there was a LifeFlight helicopter the kids could play in. Cameron loved it.

Just inside, they have this awesome ball exhibit. The kids can put balls into these tubes that suck the ball up into the air.


Wow, the ball went way up high!!!


Cameron & Cameron!! They were so cute together.

And the absolute best part of the whole day was this water exhibit. The kids could pour water, put balls in the tubes, push boats along the water, etc. Cameron spent almost the entire time there, and he was SOAKED by the time we left.




Both Camerons also liked the play construction zone area.

The boys had fun with this big xylophone toy. Jenn and I were having just as much fun with it!

The boys played nonstop for 3 hours. I would bring him here all the time if it wasn't so expensive...and if parking were free! Maybe Santa will bring us a Discovery Gateway pass this year! We will still probably spend most of our free time at the Zoo this Summer though. Cameron loves it there, and he's always so well-behaved.

8 Happy Thoughts:

Michelle said...

Wow. Cameron is amazing. I need to watch signing time with my boys more. We haven't signed in a while.

Scene: Ross playing the keyboard...The first time he lets anyone hear "the sound".
Ross: You know you should think of my work as wordless sound poems.

Becca Jane said...

Yeah, Cameron's signing has slowed WAY down as he's learning to say more. He mostly signs for fun now, rather than a necessity to communicate! I'll be a little sad when he stops using them for good. I will try to keep him practiced though so he can help teach his younger siblings!

Jenn said...

That was so much fun! I do have to say though... parking was a rip off. We got parking validations and they still made us pay! Ugh.
Cameron didn't fall asleep on the ride home either... then he only napped 1 1/2 hours... and I think he's still awake. Ugh again! I don't know why that kid fights sleep so much.
He had so much fun though, when he woke up from his nap, he kept asking for flying balls!! We'll have to plan a trip to the zoo sometime soon when it's warm! Fun!

DeAnn said...

That place looks like so much fun! I love the picture of Cameron looking up at the ball being sucked away. Karen, Isaac and I are going to the children's museum here today. Karen's favorite part is taking a sack lunch! It'd be much more fun with you and Cameron.

I did my 25 minute jog today!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

We went to the Discovery Gateway right before we moved. It was a lot of fun.
Yes, Gwen outgrew her bracelet. I think it may still fit if we put the extra links on it though.

Nikki said...

I wanted to go to Discovery Gateway so bad last time we were in UT! We'll have to make it a priority next time. I'm super excited for you to train for the 5K. I'm running an article in our June issue about a mom who did something similar after her first baby was born.

COLE said...

have fun doing the 5k with deann...brings back memories of us doing some of those at byu! they were so fun! of course it's been a while...good luck training! :)

Anonymous said...

looks fun at discovery... I am getting ready to run a 5k on the 4th, join me and I will join you in August!