Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Happiness that is My Life!!

Okay, I have to contrast my post from yesterday!! I shouldn't be allowed to blog on Fridays!! My weeks are always long....but who's aren't? And as for the change in my blog layout, I was just getting sick of seeing that huge picture of my sunburnt face everytime I pulled up my blog!! I'm sure you all were too!!
So last night was awesome. I dropped Cam off at Ashlan's house. He ran straight towards Ash's mom and gave her the biggest hug ever. Then he ran over to the toys and really just could care less that I was leaving him! I LOVE that! I have several friend who's kids freak out in nursery or at any babysitter's house. Cameron has always been a social kid (I'm not sure where he gets this from, cuz Nate is the shyest person on this planet, and I'm fairly shy myself). Anyway, so then I met Nate in downtown Salt Lake at Baggio's, a great Italian restaurant, for Ron and Erin's rehearsal dinner. It was such a yummy dinner....complete with appetizers, salad, main course and the best chocolate cake I've EVER tasted for dessert! The group was huge, probably 25 people or so....I don't even want to guess what the bill cost!! We couldn't thank Ron's mom enough for treating us! One of the appetizers was Bruschetta, which I've always wanted to try. It was SO good. There was also calamari (not a fan, despite having eaten squid a zillion times in Korea) and lots of yummy bread with dipping oil. I was almost stuffed before my dinner came!

So I think that Nate and I were the only people there who weren't drinking wine, but it was funny because whenever someobody made a toast, we would just proudly hold up our water glasses!! Nate and I are NOT very classy people, we always crack ourselves up at fancy places cuz we don't know how to act! When we were dating, we went to the Olive Garden one time, and I'm honestly surprised we weren't asked to leave! We were SO hyper and were probably acting worse than than the toddlers there!! Oh well, I love Nate. We are the biggest goofs when we get together, and that's one of my favorite things about him. He's completely shy, quiet, reserved when he meets new people, but if you get him around people he's totally comfortable with, he turns into the most hilarious person ever.....obviously....or I wouldn't have married him! Everybody knows I thrive on sarcasm and laughing really really hard (hence my Laugh List with Ermie having over 800 things on it!!) It was fun to relax with him and enjoy the fun company.

The happy couple, Ron and Erin. They are SO much fun to hang out with, we love them. Erin is so fun to talk to, we have a great time talking about books and dancing and all sorts of stuff. And Ron is just plain hilarious. They are also the ones who have Buchi and Fancy (our cats) for us while we live in student housing. Such life-savers! We miss our kitties though! Their wedding is this afternoon, so I post some more pictures later. I can't wait to see Erin all dressed up! And Nate is in the wedding, so he'll look all yummy in his tux!!


This morning I took Cameron outside early to wear him out so he'd nap before the zoo. He played hard for a few hours, and this is what he looks like whenever he comes inside......complete with binkies, milk, Signing Time and a nice recliner....that's the life! And it worked....it's only 11:20 and he's asleep! I'm SO glad. He'll be nice and rested for his zoo outing with Grandma and Grandpa Wood.

Today is the Salt Lake Marathon. My oldest brother, Bill, flew in earlier this week to run it. I'm so proud of him! He's seriously amazing. I talked to my dad who met him at Mile 13, and said he was looking and doing great! That's so awesome, I like running, but I've never run more than 4 miles at one time....a far cry from 26 miles!! My brother is one of my biggest heroes....he's a doctor, a bishop, a father of 4 and he just ran a marathon! Way to go Bill, love you!!! All of my siblings are really just awesome people. They have all accomplished SO much, and I am grateful to be able to look up to all of them as examples.....a benefit of being the youngest! I always warn them that I'm watching them, cuz I am!

What else.....we should be getting our tax return any day....yay! It's good this year, about $2700...woohoo!! BUT....Nate's summer tuition is due in a few weeks and the grand total comes to $2500. And the extra $200 will pay for his books. But hey, we're not going to complain, sure beats student loans!!! We feel blessed to be debt-free as students and newlyweds, so we're okay with putting off fun trips and nice furniture and other 'wants'. Those things will come soon enough!! Plus, I am dead-set on getting into a house again as quickly as we can, so I'm trying to save every penny towards a downpayment! I hate renting, especially after we've experienced the excitement of buying and selling a house!! But who knows where Nate'll get a job....it will all depend on where we end up.

Oh, Nate taught a lesson to a high school class this week as part of his observation. He taught a lesson about Dave Ramsey's 'Drive Free, Retire Rich' lecture. (See my post from a few months ago called 'We Love Dave' if you want to see the slideshow.....SO GOOD) Nate loved teaching, and I'm So happy for him! He is so excited to be a teacher, and it's helping him get through school with a better mindset. I'm so proud of him....sorry, my blogs always turn into bragging/gushing sessions about my hubby and my son. I can't help it! They are the best!!!

UPDATE:

I just have to say that my brother Bill finished 56th overall in the marathon and 9th in his age group....how AWESOME is that?!? It's definitely not genetic, cuz I sure can't run like that!

6 Happy Thoughts:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

My sister in law is running in the SLC marathon. I need to call her!
I'm getting excited to visit Utah. It all depends on when Heath can take some time off of big projects at work. He was thinking we could go at the end of May or beginning of June. I want to go to the zoo with you guys! I miss you.

Jenn said...

Hi! Sorry this past week has been so chaotic... I guess it makes us stronger-right?
If you are referring to the children's museum at the Gateway... nope, we've never been--I've been wanting to take Cameron for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it. We've been up to Treehouse Museum in Ogden a few times, and I've heard that Discovery Gateway is even better. Do you want to do that? Let me know what you're feeling like.

Jenn said...

Discovery Gateway is the children's museum. It's $8.50 per person (i'm pretty sure.) You can check them out at www.discoverygateway.org
I think it looks super cute, they have a Sesame Street exhibit right now about the human body. I've heard it's awesome.
It's kind of pricey, but I've heard it's worth it (I don't know, I've never been...)

Jenn said...

I think that sounds good. Let's plan on it. I think they'll both have a blast. Sack lunch is the best. For sure.
They open at 10am do you want to plan on meeting there when they open? And we'll stay as long as they are loving it.
Oh, and my friend said you just park in the gateway parking.

Michelle said...

Ross: The hills are alive with the sound OF music.
Chandler: Hey I do not sound like that… that is so NOT true.

DeAnn said...

Good job Bill!! I'm glad you had a good day after a long, crazy week.