I just have to mention how GREAT you all have been about commenting! It makes blogging much more fun, you guys rock!
So this has been one of those weeks where if I knew on Monday what I know now, on Friday, I would probably have started crying on Sunday evening!! I have had a headache for 5 days now!
On Monday, I woke up feeling awful....and Cameron had a fever too, so we had to cancel Miss Ashlan for the day. Luckily Cameron slept a TON or just played nicely all day, so I was able to get some good rest.
On Wednesday, my tiny apartment was an absolute zoo! So I have this Infant Drop-In service I do, where moms can call me if their normal sitter is sick or something. So this lady called me Tuesday evening and asked me to watch her little 2 1/2 month old girl, Abby. So on Wednesday, I had Cameron, Ashlan and Abby. Normally this would be okay, because Cam and Ash play so well together, and newborns seem like a peice of cake compared to crazy toddlers. So I was prepared for a busy, yet okay day. But a few hours into it, Cameron wouldn't stop fussing and rubbing at his ears. So I ended up having to make an appt for him to be seen that morning. I just knew he had an ear infection. So then I was scrambling, trying to find someone who would stop by for an hour to watch Ash and Abby.....and I had to okay it with the girls' parents. It was all just very stressful on me. But luckily I have fabulous friends and neighbors who were so quick to help me out! So it turned out that Cam has infections in BOTH ears, so he's on abx for awhile. This is his first ear infection he's ever had, so I'm not really going to complain. So he was fussy all day, Ashlan gets fussy whenever Cameron is upset, and sweet little Abby didn't want to put down all afternoon. It was just a very very long day!!! Luckily Cam fell asleep at 6 that evening and Nate had basketball, so I was able to enjoy a quiet evening.
On Thursday, I only had Ashlan, so it seemed like it would be an easy day.....right? Wrong. My sweet little Ashy-girl is starting to grow up and get a bit of a sassy attitude! She is starting to disobey me more, scream when she doesn't get her way, and resist her naps. This is all fine with me, because she's not my child, so at the end of the day I get to give her back to her mommy....but it still makes for a long day when you're disciplining and overseeing TWO fiesty toddlers all day long!!! By the evening, I was sort of cranky myself! I don't feel like I'm a very good mommy when I get like that, so I was short with Cam, and I felt horrible afterwards! Kids are so quick to forgive, it's amazing. I'm glad Cam didn't hold it against me and gave me extra hugs and kisses that evening to make me feel better and assure me that he still loves me!
And today is Friday. Usually I have the day off, but I'm trying to pull in some extra cash, so I have smartie cutie Dallin today! He really is a fun kid to watch, I have NEVER met a smarter little dude in my life. He talks like a 3-year old would, it's SO weird. He and Cam get along great, so I have finally been able to sit down for 2 seconds!!
I know I brought all of this childcare on myself, so I shouldn't complain, but all I can say is that this weekend will be fabulous! Nate's friend Ron is getting married, so tonight we have the rehearsal dinner (free steak!) and tomorrow is the wedding, so Cameron is spending the day with his grandparents. I am going to enjoy every moment of non-kid-ness that I have!! I do love the kids I watch, and these past several months have given both Cam and I tons of practice at having other kids around. Cameron has GREAT social skills (he gives hugs to everybody!) and I know that he will have no problem adjusting to another baby when the time comes.....and I am so glad!
This is Dallin. He's too cute and too smart!!
Cameron's off and running towards the playground. This is the scene just outside our door!!
Cameron and Dallin playing with the ladies in the sandbox. Such a beautiful day today, I wore capris and flip-flops, and Cameron got to wear his cute plaid shorts!
Friday, April 18, 2008
The Chaos that is My Life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 Happy Thoughts:
Your blog post reminds me of the commercial where the couple is all romantic in bed kissing and what not. Then suddenly you hear a baby crying. The narrator says something about how the ovulation kit can help you have a baby faster.
I'm joking when I say this but are you sure you want another baby? No really, I'm excited for you to have another baby of your own that you don't give back at the end of the day.
I'm sorry you had a bad week. I hope Cameron feels better soon. Ear infections are horrible. My kids haven't had any yet (knock on wood) but i had a lot as a kid. Let me know when Cameron is feeling better and we will come see you guys.
Chandler: I have 2 queens what do you have?
Joey:2 and a 5
Chandler: Ohho you win $50
Joey: Hey
Chandler: What’s wrong
Joey: Ross and I were helping the girls pack took a little break I lost $1,500 dollars in cups.
Oh, Becky!! I don't know how you do it! Have fun being kid-free for a day.
Tristan...no I'm not sure I want another baby! ha! There are days when I still completely freak out over it, but deep down, both Nate and I feel good about it, and besides, who's to say it won't take 6 months this time? :)
DeAnn, I don't know how I do it either! Some days I don't do it, I completely melt down when Nate gets home! But I do love these kids, and Cameron does too, so it's worth it!
Post a Comment