We have had such a fun past couple of days. The sun has been shining lately, and the snow is melting. Cameron has been playing outside nonstop. He just runs and runs. He loves the swings and throwing and kicking balls. He completely collapses when we come inside, so he hasn't had the energy to terrorize the house. This is the cleanest our place has been in months!
We took Cameron on another jog yesterday. Nate couldn't go for very long cuz he had to leave early for a test, so they went back and I kept going. I ended up finding the perfect jogging route! It makes a big loop back to our apartment, and it is relatively level the whole way. It took me 20 minutes to run it, so I hope to be able to run the loop twice eventually. I wasn't sore this morning when I woke up, so that's a good sign! This morning Nate had a basketball game at the church. Cam and I went and watched him. Cameron sat on my lap almost the entire time and was just completely riveted by the ball. It was so funny! Then Nate had to go to work (sad), so Cameron and I headed up the road to the zoo with some friends. It was a little windy today, so it seemed colder than it was. The zoo was totally empty for the first hour we were there, so it was fabulous! I hate crowds! All the animals were out and active. Cameron learned how to say zebra, so he started calling every animal a zebra! He loved signing bird and tree everytime we saw one (which was constantly). He was also very excited about the alligator. We also ran into Ashley and Dallin while we were there. The boys got so excited to see each other! Our zoo has a great area for little kids to play, so I'm going to try and go atleast once a week. Please join us anytime if you're around here!
After Cameron's nap, we're going to meet Ashlan and her mom to take pictures of them...cute! Then if it doesn't start raining, we're going to City Creek to hang out. I've been looking for some good hikes to take Cameron on, so I'm excited to see where this is!
Tonight and tomorrow we have Stake Conference meetings. Elder Russell M. Nelson will be speaking, so we are very excited. We got a babysitter for Cam for tonight, so it will be nice to enjoy the meeting without wrestling with him the whole time. Tomorrow morning might not be as smooth....oh well! Such is life with a toddler!
So yeah....crazy busy weekend! But SO much fun. I never realized how much I love the Spring weather until these past few days! I'll post some more pictures soon.
UPDATE: Our meeting with Elder Nelson was AWESOME. There weren't a lot of people there...so it was a very intimate meeting. He talked about President Hinckley's passing and the process of selecting President Monson. He talked about how we need to set high standards for ourselves and then live up to them. At the end he said, "I wish to leave you an apostolic blessing as if I were laying my hands on each of your heads individually." He blessed us all with success in our educations and with health and strength to do the things we need to do. It was really amazing. I am excited to go listen to him again in a few hours!
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Sunny Days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 Happy Thoughts:
What an awesome weekend for you guys. Too bad it had to snow on Saturday night huH! i hate the snow I am really liking this warmer weather.
That's sounds so cool to go to a meeting with Elder Nelson. Don't you think its so cool that we heard Elder Bednar speak so often, before he was an apostle? I still call him President Bednar, on accident.
Remember when we saw President Bednar on the stairs in the MC and we said hi to him and thought it was so cool. Then we tried to reinact it for our roommates and nobody cared? Remember Vern? Remember Vonne? Remember narcoleptic Keri? ....I'm laughing.
Post a Comment