I've decided to throw my opinion on Twilight into the mix, since it seems to be "the thing" to talk about these days. Plus, I've been up in Logan hanging out with my friend Michelle, and we've been discussing Twilight all weekend. I think I'm just about the only person who is NOT looking forward to seeing the movie. I loved the books so much, and I feel like I have my own mental image of what the story looks like. Plus, when I looked at the pictures of the actors they've chosen, they look nothing like what I've pictured....especially Edward. To me, Edward is just beyond the best looking guy anyone can imagine. I sort of picture him as an even hotter version of Wentworth Miller from Prison Break (I love you, Nate!). SO I was really disappointed when I saw who they chose for Edward. I don't think he's attractive AT ALL. And what is Twilight without an attractive Edward?!? NOTHING!!! And Rachel McAdams has always been Bella in my head. The girl that they cast always looks like she's in a bad mood! I've seen her in other films too, and was not impressed at all. So I don't know.....I'll probably let all of you watch the movie first and let me know how it is!!
And as for the whole Edward/Jacob debate, how can anybody even side with Jacob?!? I'm sorry, but Jacob doesn't even compare. That's fine if they want to be friends, I guess, but I was so mad at Bella when she kept sneaking off to meet Jacob. Who does that? If she really loves Edward the way she says she does, why is she doing anything to make him upset....especially going to see another guy? Jacob needs to back off, go meet his own woman and let Edward and Bella live their lives. Or....if Bella is going to keep flitting back and forth between Edward and Jacob, then Edward needs to have the sense about him to leave her. Nobody deserves to be with someone who isn't 100% committed and wants nothing more than the other person's happiness. Bella is flat-out being a jerk to Edward by keeping Jacob at arm's length for her own convenience. She doesn't deserve him sometimes!! There.....that's my opinion!!!!
Edward and Bella are one of my all-time favorite couples. Twilight is easily one of my favorite books, I'm such a sucker for romance stories. I was seriously so giddy the whole time I read it. Nate kept laughing at me cuz I was reading it in the car (I couldn't stop!!) and I would just bust out with random things like, "Oh, that's SO sweet. He picked her up for school!" Nate would look at me like I was crazy. Reading the book honestly made me feel as giddy as I did when Nate and I were first dating. Everyone needs a good dose of giddiness now and then!! So for those of you who haven't read them yet (DeAnn!!!), read them and enjoy the wonderful, romantic, sweet yet frustrating adventures of Edward, Bella and unfortunately....Jacob!!!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
My Opinion on Twilight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 Happy Thoughts:
I totally agree with you about the cast. Edward is way better looking than the Edward they chose...
As for the whole Jacob or Edward debate I don't think it is even a competition. Edward beats Jacob hands down. I would be a lot more excited to watch the movie if you chose the cast...
I like you cast as well, and personally I was kinda rooting for Jacob in the second book, haven't read the third one yet. Just because he if left, and she was that miserable why should she take him back? In my opinion he kinda lost his chance.
You need to read the third book because he explains why he left and he has a really good reason. The only thing Edward is guilty of is loving her too much...
okay so I think that you totally need to recast the movie because I totally see your choices sooooo much more then the actual cast. I will admit I am interested to see the movie just to see how things are depicted. I can relate about the giddy feel you'd get reading it, I'm totally the same way, I'd get so excited when he'd just kiss her...it's quite sad!!hahha!! I think your right about the whoe Jacob edward thing...you can't keep a spare guy around just incase. I'll let you know how the movie goes for sure, I know it won't even compare but I still have to see it!! Such a great post on the book...it's almost 12:30 am here and I'm just heading to bed, but I have to start eclipse!! It was really great to chat on MSN tonight...I'll hopefully be posting a new post soon!!! Hope you enjoyed Idol...I didn't see David Archleta, so let me know how he did...one tree hill was just so good we couldn't switch back...this is a super long comment, sorry!!! night
I hope I didn't ruin anything for those of you who haven't read Eclipse yet....I haven't read these books since last summer. I'm going to read them again after I finish Harry Potter so I can refresh my memory! Although I must admit...I'm having way too much fun just with the cutie romances in Harry Potter 6 & 7!!! I'm such a dork!
Hi arney,
We are reading this next in my book club; until then, I have no opinion. Goodbye.
I agree with you about the cast...that guy they have playing Edward isn't good looking enough. He played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies and I remember thinking he wasn't good looking enough to play Cedric...how is he supposed to play Edward...the most gorgeous guy ever?!?!?
I didn't really like who they chose to play the rest of the Cullen's either....oh well...who knows, maybe the movie will turn out better than we think!
Ok I completely agree with everything that you said. I DEFINITELY think Wentworth Miller would be the best Edward... holy cow.... that's all I have to say about that!!!!! Yum. (don't worry, John knows that I love him!) :)
I think Bella's actress is closer on though. Rachel McAdams is NOT just your average looking girl. I wish that was average! But I still skeptical with the girl they chose for Bella... we'll see. I'm still excited to see that movie. Even though I didn't pick the actors, the actual author did have a say so I think it's interesting from that point of view.....hmm....
Post a Comment