Saturday, March 8, 2008

Zoo Day & Birthday Fun

On Thursday we attemped and successfully carried out Zoo Day. There were 5 kids: Cameron, Ashlan, Ewan, and Cam's cousins Riley and Ryan. It was a zoo....at the zoo!!! But there were also 5 adults: Me, Nate, Nate's dad, Nate's sister and her husband, so it worked out just fine. All the kids were so good. We were there for about 2 hours, and Cameron only rode in the stroller for about 10 minutes of it. He ran next to us the whole time! He was such a good boy. He loves the zoo. It was fun to spend an afternoon with Nate. I miss hanging out with him a lot like we used to. I still get giddy walking next to him and holding his hand. Cameron was exhausted when we got home, and once again fell asleep at 5:15 for the night! Nice!Yesterday was my 27th birthday. I'm not sure how I feel about being 27....especially when my hubby is only 24! Well, the nice thing is that I feel like I have done a lot in my life so far, I have few regrets, and I am right where I want to be in my life. My mom gave me a book that she had made about her mom, who I never got to meet. It had pictures of her and life stories. It made me cry because she really must have been such a fun person, and she would have just loved us, her grandchildren. I am so grateful that I will get to meet her someday. Last night Nate surprised me by having his parents come over and watch Cameron so we could go out to dinner. We went to the Skybox Grille. It was so yummy! Thanks Sweetie!

4 Happy Thoughts:

Ashley S. said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good day!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Happy Birthday! Just remember, age is only a number. You and Nate are great together so forget about the fact that he is too young to be married with a toddler! I'm kidding!

DeAnn said...

I can't believe my baby sister is 27!! I'll be 33 this year.....I'm getting old. The zoo sounds like fun. I can't wait to get outside again.

The Bing's said...

Well I figured I should write on your blog now that you wrote on mine...and I'm super excited to have another blogger fun. You have such an adorable family and the zoo looked like so much fun! I wish we had a good zoo here in nova scotia but I think all the animals would freeze here right now!!! I just wanted to say hello, Kathy's kids are here...we had a sleepover last night...they're being too quiet with uncle brandon!! Keep the posts coming because I'll be checking them out!!! Happy Birthday again!!