Saturday, January 26, 2008

Soup 'N Swap

I love living here! Our apartment complex had their Annual Soup 'N Swap today. Everybody brings things they don't want or need anymore and set them out on tables. Then we all just take what we want and whatever is leftover gets donated to the DI. People also brought crockpots full of soup and we just hung out. It was so fun! There were SO many baby clothes. I got a lot of cute 2T and 3T size clothes for Cameron. Really great stuff....jeans, church shirts and some shorts and t-shirts for summer. I also got some diapers (score!) and some movies. Most of the baby clothes were actually girl stuff, but I couldn't help but sift through and grab a pair of adorable little girl shoes and a cute pink dress. We want 4 kids....one of them is bound to be a girl, right?? I love freebies! Nate is at work today, so I was nervous that Cameron would run wild, but he did really well. The weather is gorgeous today, so before we went over, I let him run around outside with his toys. He's absolutely loves to be outside. And I love it because it wears him out and he takes nice long naps (he's been asleep for 2 hours already!). Nate gets off at 4:30 today, but I don't think we're doing anything tonight. I feel bad for him because evenings are the ONLY time he has to study. He's always either at work or class. Plus we are speaking in church tomorrow, so we have to finish our talks. Speaking in church used to be one of my biggest fears. But my mission changed that! I don't mind speaking as long as I get to speak English! Last night Cam and I went and saw baby Ivy. She's such a beautiful baby. Andrea seemed nice and relaxed, which is comforting! People say that Baby #2 is hard, but then once you add a 3rd, it's not so bad cuz the older ones can play together. I forgot how little newborn babies are! I changed Ivy's diaper and I was scared I was going to break her! She's so teeny and delicate. Cam didn't get jealous at all, which is awesome. I think all the nannying I do has made him realize that no matter what, I'm still his mommy and he will always be safe. He actually really likes babies. Tonight for dinner we're having Thai chicken curry. That's been my latest obsession in the kitchen. I've made curry dishes about twice a week for the last month, it seems. I love using my crockpot, it makes dinner alot easier, especially when I have a zillion kids running around. If anyone has any great Thai recipes, please send them my way! And Nate's not complaining....he loves Asian food! I hope you all have a great weekend!

5 Happy Thoughts:

Missy said...

That soup n swap sounds like a lot of fun...we have done stuff like that here in Omaha. Don't you just love student housing!
You should send me your curry recipes...me and Casey eat curry about once a week!

Annie said...

I'm so glad you found us! Your little boy is so cute! It's so nice to see that you're doing well! The soup n swap is the coolest thing I've ever heard! I am totally going to suggest that in our little neighborhood! Blogs are our new favorite thing! It's such a fun way to keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

the swap idea is a great one. steve loves thai curry, we will have to come crash in on one of your dinners.

Merilee said...

Chef Arney. Swapping Arney. Too many calories!

Michelle said...

Wow you are on a roll with your reading this year. That is awesome. I have only read one book this year. Way to go.